Steelseries Gauges for WD

thank you

cordially Emmanuel :wink:

Works perfectly with the data only popups! Thanks, Mark. :smiley:

Is there a direct link for these updates pls. I (for whatever reason) am unable to download from the update thread.

I think I must be missing something.

The graphs look great. Easy install etc.

How often should customclientraw.txt be updated? Mine is being sent to the server every minute. But I am sending clientraw.txt every few seconds and would like to send customclientraw at the same time. Is that possible?

Bill

Bill,

Are you uploading the customclientrawlocal using the Real Time client upload? You can set
that up in the Real Time Client window; tick “Create a custom clientraw file…” near the bottom
of the window. If you have a zero offset, the Real Time client uploader will upload both at the
same time frequency. At least, that’s how it is working for me.

-Keith

Is something else besides var g_showPopupData = true; and var g_showPopupDataGraphs = true; necessary to get the graphs to generate? I get the window and the text, but no graph.

Thanks.

Thanks Kevin, I had the “Create a custom clientraw file” checked. I have the customclientrawlocal in my wd directory. Correct?

Bill

John, the scripts do not generate graphs, they can only load graphics that are already on your server. So if you have some suitable graphics point the scripts at those, if not you are best disabling the graphs in the popups.

Aw, shucks. You mean this wonderful script can’t do that, too…?? :wink:

Thanks.

Move it into /webfiles/.

Sorry John, I’ll try harder! :lol:

A question about the trend images, Mark.

I see this in gauges.js:

var g_tempTrendVisible = true;
var g_pressureTrendVisible = true;
// the trend images to be used for the popup data, used in conjuction with g_g_imgPathURL
// by default this is configured for the Cumulus 'standard' web site

I’m not sure what this means, or how/where to configure trend images in WD. Is it looking for .png’s? What are their paths/names?

The arrows on my temp and pressure gauges aren’t working correctly for some reason: http://www.gwwilkins.org/gauges-ss.php.

Thanks!

It’s a bit confusing I agree.
The g_tempTrendVisibile/g_pressureTrendVisible control the trend ‘indicators’ (rising/steady/falling) indicators of the respective gauges.

The trend ‘images’ (maybe I should change the terminology to trend graphs) are images of graphs used in the pop-ups (any web format will do).

Correct.

Edit: Sorry, not that is not correct. The customclientrawlocal.txt should be in your webfiles directory.

-Keith

On more careful examination, the trend arrows are working correctly. Apparently it’s my eyes that aren’t! :oops:

I am having problems with getting the graphs to work. I have setup wxgraphs and its working correctly but still unable to get them to show up. Any ideas or suggestions?

http://www.kb5bfa.com/gauges
http://www.kb5bfa.com/wxgraphs/wxgraphs_test.html

Thanks to everyone who has assisted in getting all this to work and for the gauges, they are very nice.

Couple of things, on your main page change this…

<script src="scripts/ddimgtooltip.min.js"></script>

to this

<script src="scripts/ddimgtooltip.js"></script>

Then in ddimgtooltip.js try this…

var ddimgtooltip={
  tiparray:function(){
    var tooltips=[];
    tooltips[0]=[imgPathURL + "temp+hum_24hr.php", " ", {background:"#0000CD", color:"white", border:"9px ridge darkblue"}];
    tooltips[1]=[imgPathURL + "temp+dew+hum_1hr.php", " ", {background:"#0000CD", color:"white", border:"9px ridge darkblue"}];
    tooltips[2]=[imgPathURL + "rain_24hr.php", " ", {background:"#0000CD", color:"white", border:"9px ridge darkblue"}];
    tooltips[3]=[imgPathURL + "rain_1hr.php", " ", {background:"#0000CD", color:"white", border:"9px ridge darkblue"}];
    tooltips[4]=[imgPathURL + "humidity_1hr.php", " ", {background:"#0000CD", color:"white", border:"9px ridge darkblue"}];
    tooltips[5]=[imgPathURL + "baro_24hr.php", " ", {background:"#0000CD", color:"white", border:"9px ridge darkblue"}];
    tooltips[6]=[imgPathURL + "windgust_1hr.php", " ", {background:"#0000CD", color:"white", border:"9px ridge darkblue"}];
    tooltips[7]=[imgPathURL + "winddir_1hr.php", " ", {background:"#0000CD", color:"white", border:"9px ridge darkblue"}];
    tooltips[8]=[null, " ", {background:"#0000CD", color:"white", border:"9px ridge darkblue"}];
    tooltips[9]=[null, " ", {background:"#FFFFFF", color:"black", border:"2px ridge darkblue"}];
    return tooltips; //do not remove/change this line
  }(),

You can change the background colors to match your theme if you wish.

Jack

You can try http://www.westerncawx.net/ftp

How can you run server-side code (php) on the client side(javascript)? The above code doesn’t work for me because it calls php code from within javascript. I see that you have solved this problem somehow on your site, but the method isn’t clear to me. Any hints?

From v1.6.3 you no longer have/need to edit ddimgtooltip.js - it picks up whatever you place in the g_imgPathURL and g_tipImgs array variables in gauges.js

The relevant bit of ddimgtooltips.js now looks like this:

tooltips[0]=[(g_tipImgs[0][0] !== null ? g_imgPathURL + g_tipImgs[0][0] : null), " ", style];
tooltips[1]=[(g_tipImgs[1][0] !== null ? g_imgPathURL + g_tipImgs[1][0] : null), " ", style];
tooltips[2]=[(g_tipImgs[2] !== null ? g_imgPathURL + g_tipImgs[2] : null), " ", style];
tooltips[3]=[(g_tipImgs[3] !== null ? g_imgPathURL + g_tipImgs[3] : null), " ", style];
tooltips[4]=[(g_tipImgs[4][0] !== null ? g_imgPathURL + g_tipImgs[4][0] : null), " ", style];
tooltips[5]=[(g_tipImgs[5] !== null ? g_imgPathURL + g_tipImgs[5] : null), " ", style];
tooltips[6]=[(g_tipImgs[6] !== null ? g_imgPathURL + g_tipImgs[6] : null), " ", style];
tooltips[7]=[(g_tipImgs[7] !== null ? g_imgPathURL + g_tipImgs[7] : null), " ", style];
tooltips[8]=[(g_tipImgs[8] !== null ? g_imgPathURL + g_tipImgs[8] : null), " ", style];
tooltips[9]=[(g_tipImgs[9] !== null ? g_imgPathURL + g_tipImgs[9] : null), " ", style];

The only reason to edit ddimgtooltip.js now is if you want to change the popup ‘style’ - or add more gauges :wink:
/Mark