Steelseries Gauges for WD

If I set “g_showPopupData” = ‘true’, I get the window with the high and low temp, for
example, but below that I get a broken image window from the browser. What is supposed
to be in the window?

Thanks.

-Keith

Popup.jpg

Keith,

It will show graphs if you set them up. I use wxgraphs to produce the image, you can see what they look like on my home page.

Jack

I don’t know how to set up the graphs, so I won’t be doing that. Do you know if the display of
the graphs can be disabled? If not, I’ll turn off the popup.

Thanks.

-Keith

If you mean just show the top information bar I do not think so but not really sure.

Jack

Thanks again, Jack.

Yes, I do mean just show the top bar without the graphs. OK, I’ll just disable it then.

-Keith

n attempting to incorporate the Steelseries Gauges for WD into my Saratoga templates I also had the HTML5 problem with when validating. I set up a special gauges_top.php file to use in lieu of top.php, and set about correcting the validation errors. I was down to two errors, and after I corrected the next to last one, abruptly the validator choked on my site and refused to validate further.

The problem was the $gizmotempratge in ajax-gizmo.php that doesn’t push out an ° statement for the degree symbol. What validated as transitional code isn’t what HTML5 will accept.

Here is the output from the server at the problem area:

<span class="ajax" id="gizmotemprate">-3.2 �F/last hr</span> 

The diamond question mark does mark the problem.

It’s apparent that the ajax gizmo is redundant on this page, so I also created an alternate gauges_header.php that disabled the ajax-gizmo.php call and all seems well at this point. One warning persists that I’m using an experimental HTML5 check on the site, but I’m happy with that.

My basic setup was to add a new template page for the gauges and then modify the existing gauges-ss.htm to create a guages-ss-stub.php program in the gauges directory that I call from the guages-ss.php located in the root. Since I’m a hacker, not a bona fide coder it took me all day to accomplish.

Here is the page: http://www.gwwilkins.org/gauges-ss.php

The graphs don’t function yet, but I’ll dig back into this thread to see how to fix that problem–they’re disabled for now.

Many thanks, guys for making this possible.

Ensure you save your files in UTF-8 format, and put the same character set declaration in the resultant HTML - that should fix the extended character problems.

Keith, you can disable the graph images but it’s a bit messy - I’ll look at making the graphs optional in a future release. In the meantime, you could create a tiny blank ‘dummy’ graph image and point the scripts (gauges.js and ddimagepopup.js - and minified) at that image.

Here is a point of reference if you are customising the script - it’s pretty obvious but just in case you hadn’t realised it…

Since the ccr file uses the JSON file format, you can safely add your own fields/tags to the standard file (indeed you can re-order it how you like - so long as you leave the ‘ver’ field as the last value in the file, I use that to check the file is complete). Adding your own fields allows you to refer to the new tag via the ‘data’ object in the scripts without adding any additional code e.g.

in customclientrawlocal.txt add:

… “newField”:“%newTag%”, …

Then in the script you can use:

var myValue = data.newField * 100;

Thanks, Mark. The problem was in the ajax-gizmo.php output, not the Steelseries Gauges. Because ajax-gizmo is redundant on this page, I disabled it there.

One last template related problem with validation was due to the template theme switcher which insisted on calling <form with action=“”. The validator refused to accept this under HTML5. I was unable to modify the page to show only the width selection, so I simply disabled the theme switcher in a guages_menubar.php clone. Basically every php that is regularly called by the template routines has been modified with a ‘gauges’ prefix and appropriate changes were made in these new php’s to allow the gauges-ss.php page to validate.

Anyone who accessed this page might have stumbled upon it while it was broken during the testing procedure–sorry about that. My ‘localhost’ testbed can’t be accessed by the validation page, so the changes were made on my live web site, at times unfortunately.

Thanks, Mark. I’ll look at making the dummy graph file and see if that works for me.

-Keith

Hold your hat Keith - just uploading version 1.6.3 which contains a switch for text only popups…

Wow, that was fast! I’ll hold off on the dummy image, then, and wait for the updated version.

Thanks!

-Keith

Done, v1.6.3 now uploaded - eventually, my 3G connection has dropped down to GPRS in my hotel :frowning:

Popup works perfectly for me, Mark! I get the text and no more broken image window. :smiley:

Thanks again. =D>

-Keith

I have an error in internet explorer 9 voila it tells me

if someone has an idea I’m interested

Your browser does not support the HTML5 Canvas … Sorry …
An up-to-day of your browser to a newer version is required - almost all browsers support HTML5 Canvas now includes IE9!

I redirect you to the site containing the ‘old’ gauges …

http://www.meteo16-vars.com/gauges.htm

Sounds like you have ‘compatibility’ mode enabled - your pages loads OK for me in IE9.

Try clicking the ‘broken page’ icon at the right of your URL address bar.

Was this last question how much it made ​​you
for the images when you pass on the gauge
I have nothing
thank you very much
Emmanuel

I don’t fully understand your question, but if you are referring to the redirect to the “old
gauges” page, I don’t have those, either, so I changed the redirect link in gauges.js to
redirect the user back to my main weather page.

-Keith

I speak not of the images that you see when you pass the mouse over the gauge at home is nothing that appears

Emmanuel