Steelseries Gauges for WD

Its an idea for testing but the beauty of a customclientraw file is the upload being done by the clientrawftp program rather than starting the normal FTP which handles this.

Stuart

I finally got it working, just one small problem. In my customclientraw.txt file the inside and outside humidity values are the same however they are different on the console. I am trying to find out why the CCR has the same value for both inside and outside humidity.

“hum”:“77”,“humTL”:“49”,“humTH”:“77”,“inhum”:“77”

The current indoor humidity value is 45 both on the console and in WD.

UPDATE** found the answer in post 15. Problem solved :lol:

Stuart, its almost impossible to be able to cater for and please everyones desires
but flick me 100$ and anything is possible

I have just posted version 1.6.0 on the announcements thread. This now includes a Solar gauge and a pre-canned CCR file that may only need 1 or 2 fields customising (if any) - see the readme.txt

There are a large number of changes to make the scripts more WD friendly, please take the time to read the readme.txt file.

I have worked with Jack on this, so thanks to him, and you know who to go to for support! :-"

Enjoy, I hope I haven’t introduced too many bugs!

Mark

PS:
Whilst creating this release I noticed a couple of oddities about WD tag handling:

• The %datefmt% tag after processing leaves a trailing % character eg ‘m/d/y%’
  • The %dailywarning/forecast% tag when processed has a at the beginning of the string.

I have worked around these issues in the script but they perhaps need looking at - I’m not a WD user so I leave this to others.

use a new .zip update to fix those tag issues

New version looks great, Mark. Just what I was after. Now to put it into a ‘site’ page.

http://tiggrweather.net/gauges/gauges-ssT.htm

Thanks much!

they look very nice, well done :slight_smile:

Hmm, its seems your dewpoint and humidex are being reported in

Mark,

In the old version the red pointer on the wind gauge pointed to the highest gust for the day. Is there an easy code change to do that again?

Thanks,

Jack

It is still supposed to!

Try changing gauges.js line 1351 from

gauge_wind.setMaxMeasuredValue(g_wind.maxMeasured);

to
gauge_wind.setMaxMeasuredValue(g_wind.maxToday);

Not sure what happened there! I’ll collect any other minor bugs up into a update tomorrow - unless there are any show stoppers in the next hour or two.

Very cool gauges! Great work by all involved. I have mine up and running except for one problem with the graphs.

On the main temperature gauge, the graph shows fine until I select Inside. Then it doesn’t display and switching it back to outside it still doesn’t work until the page is reloaded.

Link: http://www.thorntonweather.com/gauges/gauges.htm

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Tony

It’s a bit ugly at the moment, you have to set them gauges.js AND ddimgtooltip.js (and re-minify - or edit the minified version directly).

I should get around to fixing that one day.

That worked, thanks again!

Tony,

Try this in your gauges.js (line 68)

var g_tipImgs = [["temp+hum_24hr.php", "indoor_temp_24hr.php"], "temp+dew+hum_1hr.php", "rain_1hr.php", "rain_24hr.php", "humidity_1hr.php", "baro_24hr.php", "windgust_1hr.php", "winddir_1hr.php"];

Jack

That’s the ticket! Thanks, Jack!

Now with the basics up and running I can play with it some more. Great job incorporating those into your home page!

T

[quote author=mcrossley link=topic=54749.msg441782#msg441782 date=1330207266]
Hmm, its seems your dewpoint and humidex are being reported in

Nice work on the gauges. They are working great. John, I think your dewpoint and humidex are fine. It’s just it is so dry in Arizona.

Perfect! These look great, and I really like having the Solar gauge! Thanks! :smiley:

-Keith

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing. The gauge reading matches the console.

Put together a ‘site’ page at http://tiggrweather.net/wxgauges.php. Had to go to wide mode to make them fit, as I didn’t want to make the gauges any smaller.

However, WCC is unhappy with XHTML validation. Started with 45 errors, got that down to 19. Those all have to do with ‘canvas’, and I’m not sure how to handle them. Use the validation link in the footer.

Thoughts appreciated.