Steelseries Gauges for WD

Go into your ccr and change the units to match your site units. In other words tempunit should be “F”, pressuint should be “in” etc.

Jack

I would prefer not to lose the rain rate gauge. Even though I am in a desert, frequently the rain rate here is very heavy, to the point of being considered ‘criteria’ for Skywarn reporting. To me, anyway, that’s a requirement and important.

Thanks.

Jack,

I made the change, still have the same problem.

Thanks for the help.

You also have this as your ccr…http://tiggrweather.net/customclientraw.txt, and here http://www.kb5bfa.com/customclientraw.txt so I’m not sure where the script is looking. Try just “customclientraw.txt” in your settings.

Maybe it’s time to give this a rest. I found the mistakes you pointed out, caused from copy and paste in the wrong windows. I have the ccr pointing to the correct file now, but its still not updating. I am beginning to wonder if there are other settings inside of WD that is causing this.

I think I will sleep on this and try again tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

Hmm - probably not a good idea to show AZ stats in CT… :roll: :smiley:

This is what happens when you have 2 kids playing, a tv blaring in the background, a terrible headache, and messing with things you should be doing when everyone is sleeping. 8O

I finally got it partially working, it will display the gauges in the first row only, the others are all still blank.

Good night all.

I have been following this thread for a while and when I get my main PC back from repair I intend to have a go with this (my test server runs on this PC).

However I see that it uses customclientraw.txt which is a file I already use for running my website, so without a complete re-write I will have a problem. How easy is it to change the file being used, has anyone who already uses this file found a way to still use these gauges?

Currently you can only have one customclientraw file, it might be possible to use a custom log file instead but the problem there is that the option for appending or not to a custom log file refers to all custom logs and I already use two of these files both of which MUST append, so again for me this is not an answer. Maybe one option would be for Brian to allow more than one customclientraw file.

Stuart

Stuart,

Maybe you could have it created as a wxlocalxx file and renamed on the upload, then you wouldn’t have the append issue.

• Jim

Its an idea for testing but the beauty of a customclientraw file is the upload being done by the clientrawftp program rather than starting the normal FTP which handles this.

Stuart

I finally got it working, just one small problem. In my customclientraw.txt file the inside and outside humidity values are the same however they are different on the console. I am trying to find out why the CCR has the same value for both inside and outside humidity.

“hum”:“77”,“humTL”:“49”,“humTH”:“77”,“inhum”:“77”

The current indoor humidity value is 45 both on the console and in WD.

UPDATE** found the answer in post 15. Problem solved :lol:

Stuart, its almost impossible to be able to cater for and please everyones desires
but flick me 100$ and anything is possible

I have just posted version 1.6.0 on the announcements thread. This now includes a Solar gauge and a pre-canned CCR file that may only need 1 or 2 fields customising (if any) - see the readme.txt

There are a large number of changes to make the scripts more WD friendly, please take the time to read the readme.txt file.

I have worked with Jack on this, so thanks to him, and you know who to go to for support! :-"

Enjoy, I hope I haven’t introduced too many bugs!

Mark

PS:
Whilst creating this release I noticed a couple of oddities about WD tag handling:

• The %datefmt% tag after processing leaves a trailing % character eg ‘m/d/y%’
  • The %dailywarning/forecast% tag when processed has a at the beginning of the string.

I have worked around these issues in the script but they perhaps need looking at - I’m not a WD user so I leave this to others.

use a new .zip update to fix those tag issues

New version looks great, Mark. Just what I was after. Now to put it into a ‘site’ page.

http://tiggrweather.net/gauges/gauges-ssT.htm

Thanks much!

they look very nice, well done :slight_smile:

Hmm, its seems your dewpoint and humidex are being reported in

Mark,

In the old version the red pointer on the wind gauge pointed to the highest gust for the day. Is there an easy code change to do that again?

Thanks,

Jack

It is still supposed to!

Try changing gauges.js line 1351 from

gauge_wind.setMaxMeasuredValue(g_wind.maxMeasured);

to
gauge_wind.setMaxMeasuredValue(g_wind.maxToday);

Not sure what happened there! I’ll collect any other minor bugs up into a update tomorrow - unless there are any show stoppers in the next hour or two.

Very cool gauges! Great work by all involved. I have mine up and running except for one problem with the graphs.

On the main temperature gauge, the graph shows fine until I select Inside. Then it doesn’t display and switching it back to outside it still doesn’t work until the page is reloaded.

Link: http://www.thorntonweather.com/gauges/gauges.htm

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Tony