Steelseries Gauges for WD

Neomanu16,

To get all the dials to work you need to go into control panel, web page setup, custom web page and unstick the box “include units” atbthe moment the units will be uploaded to customclientraw which confuses things. Be aware that this will remove the units from any tags uploaded to any custom web pages you have created.

Hope this helps

Paul

I will not put too much trouble

Is there a way to reverse the wind dial indicators?

So that the needle is current wind speed and the green bar is average wind speed.

Hi…

Is there a way to reverse the wind dial indicators?

So that the needle is current wind speed and the red bar is average wind speed.

Or mayby one more needle to show gust, like the wind dir gauge?

I have another question.

My rain rate of 10mm/h is getting pinned at 10mm (as I type this). My question is how to I change it to 100mm/h (for example).

I edited in the gauges.js line to
g_rrate.maxValue = 100;
but it is not changing the rain rate dial, it still remains a rainrate of 10mm/h.

The scale of the gauge has to scale automatically, did the rainrate go higher as 10mm/h?
As it it is lower as 10, it scales to 10, at 11 it scales to 20, at 21 it scales to 30 etc. (for mm) for inches 1.0/2.0/3.0 etc.

Jacco

Would seem mine did not scale…according to Wd it hit 65mm/h at one time today. I was looking at the Davis console and it was well over 10 mm/h. Yet the Steel Series remained pinned at 10 mm/h (no scaling).

I was thinking it should or would scale up…but it never happened.

http://mahutaweather.no-ip.org/gauges-ssT.htm

I am running WD 10.37R Build 08. Is it possible that has something to do with it?

These gauges are great
is it possible to have the UV Gauge and Solar Gauge on the one page

Thanks
Trev

I am trying to validate the ccr file and produce a ‘definitive’ version, but I’ve hit a few problems that maybe someone can help me with…

Is there a tag for current temperature trend in text format - eg rising/falling/steady etc. ?

I thought the tag for the peak Beaufort gust speed (numeric) was %bftmaxgustlast24hrnu%, but is does not appear to work?

I had the tag for the direction of today’s maximum gust to be %maxgustdirdeg%, but again this does not appear to work?

Thanks for any help with this.

Mark

Mark,

Attached is the latest (I think - dated 14 Feb) tagslist.txt. Maybe this will help.

tagslist.txt (148 KB)

Thanks John that is a big help.

So far as I can tell:

%bftmaxgustlast24hrnu% is listed as a valid tag, but does NOT get processed by WD? (at least not by tame volunteers install using 10.37R b14)

Current temperature trend in words - there is no existing tag in WD. No big problem I can code around that one as I have the numeric value.

Direction of today’s max gust in degrees - there is no existing tag in WD. No problem I will use the ordinal direction %maxgstdirectionletter% as this value is only used in pop-up text.

Mark

Mark,

Brian did already offer to create the %maxgustdirdeg%, the %bftmaxgustlast24hrnu% is in the tagslist but is indeed not working. And last but not least as far i know there is no tag for the temperature trend in text.

So maybe if we ask Brain nicely :smiley:

1. create a %maxgustdirdeg%
  2. check why the %bftmaxgustlast24hrnu% is not working
    3. create if possible a temptrendtext

Jacco

Hi Jacco,

The first two fine, the last I do not need as the text would always be in the station language. The template is multi-lingual so I really should provide the text in the script according to the current language selection. I will make the same change in the next release for the Cumulus version as well.

EDIT: The value for Humidex only appears to be available in

%bftmaxgustlast24hrnu%
should be
%bftmaxgustlast24hrnum%
i.e mis print in the tag list , I will correct that

Mark,

Here’s a new taglist that just came with the latest release of b16 dated 24 Feb.

tagslist.txt (148 KB)

Thanks, I have v1.6.0 almost ready for release. This will be much more WD friendly, you will be able to leave the units switched on for ccr processing if you want. It will have an optional Solar Rad gauge (as well as the UV). It will include a ccr template in the zip. It is all coded and seems to be working well.

What I am less sure of is how to layout 10 (or 9, or 8 ) gauges.

X = optional gauge

OOOO
OOOO
XX

or

OOO
OOO
OOXX

or maybe

OOO
OOOO
OXX

or even

OOO
OOO
OO
XX and let you place/remove the gauges manually in the HTML.

?

/M

Very much looking forward to that.

For those of us using the narrow window setting in WD, 4 across won’t fit, and even 3 across would probably hang off the edge a bit. I had planned on pre-setting my page to wide to fit 3 across. So, I would prefer…

OOO
OOO
OO
(O)(O)

…with the bottom two rows centered. Possible? Or, is there a single setting now to change the 251px to something smaller? I seem to remember seeing more than one place, but I could easily be wrong.

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback it sounds reasonable, I’ll see if I get any other views.

You only need to set the size in the one place - g_size - the others don’t matter, it will all rescale :slight_smile:

Looking forward to a WD release Mark…

I like the layout I have now - 8 gauges with the bottom two centred (I don’t have solar sensors). See my current setup: -

http://www.spireweather.co.uk/?page_id=2201

For myself, I like the 3x3 layout, and I would opt to put the new solar rad (thanks for that,
by the way!) in place of the rain rate gauge.

-Keith