Steelseries Gauges for WD

Jacg, the problem not resolve :roll: nothing change…

The problem is in your customclientraw.txt file, the value:

LastRainTipISO: “11/2/2012-”

The script is expecting an ISO date format such as:

“2012-2-11 14:05”

I just wanted to advise:

Set the in the ccrlocal.txt at “LastRainTipISO” to a fixed for testing for example:

“LastRainTipISO”:"2012-02-17 14:02 "

For some reason the ime part of your wd tag doesn’t work

Jacco

If i modify “LastRainTipISO”:"2012-02-17 14:02 " the script work fine!!!

How can resolve the data format?? :?

Not sure if it’s related but there have been various problems with time displays in recent builds, myself included.

See http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/54453

May be completely unrelated but just a thought…

I’m using the last build of WD…

In your ccrlocal.txt the part of the lastraintipISO must be:

“LastRainTipISO”:“%dateoflastrainalways%%timeoflastrainalways%”

The first tag works for you.

Jacco

Thanks Jacco! now work fine! :wink:

Can somebody tell me what the pink shaded section around the scale of the wind direction gauge represents? Average direction this month maybe?

And the green shaded section on the wind speed gauge? I guess it’s average speed but over what period?

See http://www.spireweather.co.uk/?page_id=2201

Cheers,

Well on the Cumulus version the green wind sector is the last 10 min average, the red the 10 min gust.
The wind direction: the arc is the variation in wind direction over the last 10 mins (10 min avg wind speed < 6 knots) if it is a sector then the average 10 minute spd was > 6 knots. The 6 knots limit is a METAR thing.

On my gauges the red arc runs from 40-140

I guess it depends on if WD supplies that information, and the correct tags have been used in the realtime file. I do not have the answers to either of those.

The relevant entries in the realtime file are:
BearingRangeFrom10: “xxx” & BearingRangeTo10: “xxx”

These are always clockwise values, Cumulus provides both actual values and rounded to nearest 10 degree values - which is what I use, again it’s a METAR thing.

this has already been discussed though on this thread and another thread (feature request)
and I have added the new custom tags

althouh there is some concern about if I have it being calculated correctly (I will review the code)

Thanks Brian, though I have skimmed this thread I do not remember all of it. I think it has taken everyone I know who implemented this calculation at least two attempts to get it right - passing through zero makes it a head scratcher! :?

Thanks Mark, I don’t think it’s working on my wind direction gauge. How can I disable the display of the red sector? It’s the red shading of the scale from 40-140

In gauges.js around line 1290 in doDir() look for the if block

if (g_showWindVariation) {

comment out the whole if-else statement and you should be good. But as Brian says this should be working if you have everything set correctly.

it was suggested for the custom tags to be added in this thread
and then a separate thread was started, in the feature requests
and I added those custom tags

I have reviewed the code and found a mistake in a variable name used
see that thread

(i.e use the latest .zip update)

I notice that the customclientrawlocal.txt file to be found here http://www.hetweerinruinen.nl/steelseries-gaugs-for-wd does not have the correct tags for the wind direction range.

..."BearingRangeFrom10":"%avdirlastimediate10%","BearingRangeTo10":"%avdirlastimediate15%"...

should be:

..."BearingRangeFrom10":"%mindir10minute%","BearingRangeTo10":"%maxdir10minute%"....

Mark, that’s the source I’m using - I’ll have a look at mine & report back…

EDIT: Those tags were replaced by “040” & “140” for some reason, which explains my problem! I have replaced them with the tags you suggest and all seems to be working normally now. Thanks for your help.

Mark,

You were to fast, the tags weren’t working yet, so i did not put them in the clientrawlocal.txt.
Well hope they are working now in the last update from WD.

btw : the lastraintipISO tag expects a - seperator between the date, in WD we have a date with a / seperator, so i changed it in gauges.js.
would it be possible to add a var WD = true, so that the date is stripped without changing gauges.js
I mean this line: var dt = str[0].split(‘/’);

Jacco