Steelseries Gauges for WD

Mark,

You did a great job, your script works flawlessly. Most problems that do exist are because of the difference in tags between Cumulus and Weather Display.

And with a few you mean at least 240 :smiley:

btw i read your link, in my opinion just make a basic and the radial series. Most people aren’t able to create the gauges, and use the script without modifying.

Jacco

Mark,

Welcome aboard. I’m a new user of WD and also have Cumulus installed. I chose to move ahead with WD because it has a few features that I need. It was a tough decision because Cumulus is good software also. That said…

One of Cumulus best features was the SteelSeries gauges. Seeing this thread was a major positive for me. Seeing YOU posting on this thread is huge positive!

IMO, the SteelSeries gauges are a major step forward in real-time, platform-agnostic weather display. Your gauges work just as well on my iPad and iPhone as they do on my PCs. After I get my website stabilized (hopefully this weekend), the SteelSeries gauges will be the first enhancement! :smiley:

I’m looking forward to seeing you post here.

Thanks for the great work!

Dan.

Welcome Mark! Both you and Jacco are very helpful! One question; With the ajax scripts we are able to set timeouts so that web page campers would eventually be timed out, say after 5 minutes or whatever the owner sets. Any chance of something like that in the future? I read your link too, very interesting! :smiley:

Jack

I installed the script but i have a problem, you can see here: http://www.folignometeo.org/foligno/gauges/gauges-ssT.htm

The script remain in downloading status.

Alex :roll:

Hi alex,

I saw your ccr is one folder above, so did you change in gauges.js the line 11 in var realTimeURL = “…/customclientraw.txt”;

And don’t forget: in WD in the webfiles/web page setup, custom web page setup, untick the include units!

Jacco

I set gauges.js the line 11 in var realTimeURL = “…/customclientraw.txt”;

and untick the include units but nothing change…

Alex

And in line 23 of gauges.js
var g_showPopupData = false; //Popup data displayed

Is something wrong with your last rain time and date

Jack, yes a timeout is something I should consider. I get some campers on my web site (I get a few hits on the gauge page for obvious reasons) and it does stress my ancient laptop and use up ADSL bandwidth - not as much as my son’s X-Box though :violent1:

I could put an over-ride in too so you can pass a parameter and stop the time out if like me you tend to leave the page running. The parameter would be discoverable to anyone who wanted to view the script but it would stop casual campers (oh that sounds a bit odd!).

Jacg, the problem not resolve :roll: nothing change…

The problem is in your customclientraw.txt file, the value:

LastRainTipISO: “11/2/2012-”

The script is expecting an ISO date format such as:

“2012-2-11 14:05”

I just wanted to advise:

Set the in the ccrlocal.txt at “LastRainTipISO” to a fixed for testing for example:

“LastRainTipISO”:"2012-02-17 14:02 "

For some reason the ime part of your wd tag doesn’t work

Jacco

If i modify “LastRainTipISO”:"2012-02-17 14:02 " the script work fine!!!

How can resolve the data format?? :?

Not sure if it’s related but there have been various problems with time displays in recent builds, myself included.

See http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/54453

May be completely unrelated but just a thought…

I’m using the last build of WD…

In your ccrlocal.txt the part of the lastraintipISO must be:

“LastRainTipISO”:“%dateoflastrainalways%%timeoflastrainalways%”

The first tag works for you.

Jacco

Thanks Jacco! now work fine! :wink:

Can somebody tell me what the pink shaded section around the scale of the wind direction gauge represents? Average direction this month maybe?

And the green shaded section on the wind speed gauge? I guess it’s average speed but over what period?

See http://www.spireweather.co.uk/?page_id=2201

Cheers,

Well on the Cumulus version the green wind sector is the last 10 min average, the red the 10 min gust.
The wind direction: the arc is the variation in wind direction over the last 10 mins (10 min avg wind speed < 6 knots) if it is a sector then the average 10 minute spd was > 6 knots. The 6 knots limit is a METAR thing.

On my gauges the red arc runs from 40-140

I guess it depends on if WD supplies that information, and the correct tags have been used in the realtime file. I do not have the answers to either of those.

The relevant entries in the realtime file are:
BearingRangeFrom10: “xxx” & BearingRangeTo10: “xxx”

These are always clockwise values, Cumulus provides both actual values and rounded to nearest 10 degree values - which is what I use, again it’s a METAR thing.