Steelseries Gauges for WD

Jack, if that was the

try {
cumulus = JSON.parse(objXML.responseText);
} catch(e) {}
I tried that. I thought that kept the gauges going and that does keep the gauges going. It’s the graphs that seem to expire.
Jack, I tried your site and the same thing happens to your graphs.
Tom

Now I see what you mean, hadn’t noticed that!

mf3d8:
use this new Mac WD update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WeatherDmacnew.zip
build 96
and then in the application bundle, resources, start up the new clientrawrealtimeftp program (created with a new compiler)
and that will upload your clientraw files and the clientraw custom
tested and works here :slight_smile:

Ingenious! Thanks for the reply.

Hi Brian,
I am running build 96, went into the resources folder and started up the clientrawrealtimeftp program but it quickly locks up and goes unresponsive. The custom clientraw is now works as far as setting the update and upload frequencies but I do not see the file being created. Am I missing anything else I should be doing? Thanks,
Paul

For the graphs, if you changed the filenames or used a script to show your graphs, change them in gauges.js as well as in ddimgtooltip.min.js.
That does the trick of not timing out. Otherwise the scripts goes get back at the other value in gauge.js or ddimgtooltip.min.js what causes the expiration!

Jacco

I am running build 96, went into the resources folder and started up the clientrawrealtimeftp program but it quickly locks up and goes unresponsive. The custom clientraw is now works as far as setting the update and upload frequencies but I do not see the file being created. Am I missing anything else I should be doing?

do you have the custom clientraw template file in place in the webfiles folder?

as for the clientrawrealtimeftp program locking up, did that occur with the first version I got you to try?
it might be permissions problem…try setting the permissions on that bundle

do you have the custom clientraw template file in place in the webfiles folder?

as for the clientrawrealtimeftp program locking up, did that occur with the first version I got you to try?
it might be permissions problem…try setting the permissions on that bundle

It appears to have been the permissions. Once the permissions were set it took off very quickly. I have noticed however that if I hide the clientrawrealtimeftp program or minimize it then it will stall after a period of time, not sure if there is any connection to those actions or if it is a coincidence…

when it stalls, is there is any error messag in the message area?
is it still responsive?

Connection closed gracefully…

Not really sure what it means, then if I attempt to Stop then Start the program using the buttons it crashes. Restarting from scratch is ok.

Hope that helps.

Screen shot 2012-02-14 at 9.20.15 PM.png

ah, I did not test that restart button
will check on that

Thanks Jacco, that seems to have done the trick!

Jack

Hi guys, as quite a few of you seem to be using the SteelSeries gauges I created over here, I thought I’d better drop by and monitor what is going on. Whilst I cannot answer WD specific questions I’ll do what I can to answer questions about the scripts and gather feedback for future releases.

Be easy on me for being a Cumulus user :-"

Edit: Oh, and any views on this?

Welcome Mark,

Just wanted to thank you for your brilliant work, & thanks in advance for any input here.

Simon

Mark,

You did a great job, your script works flawlessly. Most problems that do exist are because of the difference in tags between Cumulus and Weather Display.

And with a few you mean at least 240 :smiley:

btw i read your link, in my opinion just make a basic and the radial series. Most people aren’t able to create the gauges, and use the script without modifying.

Jacco

Mark,

Welcome aboard. I’m a new user of WD and also have Cumulus installed. I chose to move ahead with WD because it has a few features that I need. It was a tough decision because Cumulus is good software also. That said…

One of Cumulus best features was the SteelSeries gauges. Seeing this thread was a major positive for me. Seeing YOU posting on this thread is huge positive!

IMO, the SteelSeries gauges are a major step forward in real-time, platform-agnostic weather display. Your gauges work just as well on my iPad and iPhone as they do on my PCs. After I get my website stabilized (hopefully this weekend), the SteelSeries gauges will be the first enhancement! :smiley:

I’m looking forward to seeing you post here.

Thanks for the great work!

Dan.

Welcome Mark! Both you and Jacco are very helpful! One question; With the ajax scripts we are able to set timeouts so that web page campers would eventually be timed out, say after 5 minutes or whatever the owner sets. Any chance of something like that in the future? I read your link too, very interesting! :smiley:

Jack

I installed the script but i have a problem, you can see here: http://www.folignometeo.org/foligno/gauges/gauges-ssT.htm

The script remain in downloading status.

Alex :roll:

Hi alex,

I saw your ccr is one folder above, so did you change in gauges.js the line 11 in var realTimeURL = “…/customclientraw.txt”;

And don’t forget: in WD in the webfiles/web page setup, custom web page setup, untick the include units!

Jacco

I set gauges.js the line 11 in var realTimeURL = “…/customclientraw.txt”;

and untick the include units but nothing change…

Alex