Steelseries Gauges for WD

Jacco,

Have you experienced any issues with the download of customclientraw stopping? I seem to have the issue even with bumping the default times up in gauges.js. I notice it on both the default gauges page and my website. There appears to be no issues with customclientraw being uploaded and or stopping however a qustion for Brian; What is the optimal setting for the second realtime FTP times so that there are no conflicts yet it load quickly?

Thanks

Jack

you should not need to be needint to use the 2nd real time though?

Depends on what you find an big issue Henkka.
Yes, but i look at the things in little bigger view than just myself (I use W7), I see in "vistors of the site"-view. Actually about 45% are IE-users of wich 50% use older versions than IE9. Thats quite a part of all visitors. And this in a country where IE<9 user-rate are low, in middle of Europe are the rate far bigger.

Its also a managing thing, if you want to do doublettes of everything instead of creating a page what works also in IE8 (i don’t care about IE<8 ), and then do double work, its your choise. I have many times allready said IE should be forbidden by law, its a pain in **** for coders with my own scripts, but have tryed to have them as IE8-compatible as possbile alltought as so many of visitors still use it.

Personally i should use much more HTML5 and all its cool stuffs if just more browsers should support it.

Keep your website "old-fashioned" to satisfy all your users
Can you call my site old-fashioned?? I should say no, and it still (almost) IE8-compatible. :) Its more a question how you as coder tackle the IE8-probleme than nothing else. At the end, those gauges are fully possible to get working also with IE8 and lower if wanted, its just question to be creative and learn the basics of . And before you ask, Google is your friend in that case, so i learned it too :D

I’ve created a homepage with the new dials. If an IE browser less than 9 is used it will redirect to my original homepage. According to my stats that will be 21%.

Who will be the wiz and make a Solar Guage for those who dont have UV? :slight_smile:

Henkka,

I don’t want an discussion because thats not worth for me.

At first i am not the creator of the script. I just found a way to make it work in WD, thats all.
And for me it is no issue because i just redirect the ie8 users to my old page.
With “old-fashioned” i mean that you dont allow the users of modern browsers to take full advantage of their browsers.

And at last, in your first post you said: There are no way around that (tryed to found while i did my own ones without luck).
And in your second one: At the end, those gauges are fully possible to get working also with IE8 and lower if wanted.

So help us make those gauges work in every browser! ahhh you meant your own gauges, sorry english is not my native language,
thanks Jim for letting me realize that. :smiley:

Jacco

I made the gauge Tony, pfff but how to explain it to you… hmm you have to edit gauges.js on several places.
What i did, took the temp gauge as an example… see where that code appears in the script.

Then copied the code and replace by solar, in customclientraw there are already the solartags :smiley:

Jacco

Henkka explained what he did and he has them available on his site at http://www.nordicweather.net/phpscripts.php?en if you’d like to look them over.

• Jim

Some of my gauges are not working and the digital displays are ready “MAM”. What does this mean?

http://calgary.westerncawx.net/gauges-ssT.htm

You have the units checked for your customclientraw.txt.
If you have a problem with units in your customclientraw.txt, in WD in the webfiles/web page setup, custom web page setup, untick the include units.

Jacco

Thanks, that worked.

I gave this a try without luck. Is there a place I can see exactly what you did. I feel I am missing something important

Just an FYI it is very easy to change the colors and styles of the gauge. Go to this site and you can try various combinations!
http://weather.wilmslowastro.com/gaugesB/gauges.htm

Then just change the settings you wish to in gauges.js

Jack

Here is the color combo’s that I think are cool.
http://calgary.westerncawx.net/gauges-ssT.htm

Now to figure out how to get them into my ajax page

I notice that the wind speed, rain rate, wind chill & heat index gauges have max or min markers. I’m surprised that the temperature gauge doesn’t also have this - is there any way to implement it?

Simon

Simon,

Check for minMeasuredValueVisible, and the max of course :smiley:

Jacco

Thanks for the color changing info Jack.
Here is the direction I am heading (top portion) using iframes. Is there a better way?
http://www.cavecountryweather.com/test.php

Jack,

Check the options in steelseries.js from line 6190, there are even more to choose from.

Jacco

Gaaf. Bedankt. Koud Heh in NL. :smiley:

Thanks.
I have been looking for these for some time now.

Wow, thanks Jacco. Mark also fixed my issue with the updates randomly stopping. He will incorporate it into a future update but if anybody has the issue I do have the fix.

Jack