Android widget to display clientraw.txt

It’s been a while…
I rebuilt the widget before Google marks it as deprecated :?

It’s in beta testing for now. If you want to become a tester, follow this link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/ca.ludg.android.weatherwidget
I tested with the Emulator and Android versions up to 8.1.

Version 2.6 - 2018/05/21
 - minor bug fix
 - build with the latest SDK, targeting Android 7

Cheers,
Luc.

Hi Luc,

Thank you very much! Updated…
I love the widget!!!

Cheers
Scirocco

I forgot- is there no option to give that widget an option to show on the lock screen as well? That would be fantastic!
Android 5.0 here and I looked everywhere but could not find a solution. :frowning:
Thanks again.

Cheers
Scirocco

If I remember correctly, lock screen widgets where dropped after Android 4.2.
That’s why I didn’t looked into it.

Luc.

Notifidgets? - Found by Google, try at your own risk and don’t blame me if you brick your phone :dontknow:

Thank you Nico. Notifidgets din’t work for me. It only shows me the notification, not the weather widget.

Have been using this app for years on my Android. Recently it started timing out constantly. Occasionally it will work fine but 90% of the time it times out when updating. Anyone having the same issue?

Android updated the last few days and now the widget does nothing. I’m guessing the update broke it. To bad I really liked this widget. I’m using a galaxy S9.

Rick

Hi,

I cannot get to the Settings on Android 10 when clicking the temperature.
It only shows a pop up showing Remove and App Info.
Anyone has this widget running on Android 10. (Oneplus 7t)

Got it working now after removing the widget and adding it again to the mainscreen. :smiley:

Android 9 on a Samsung S10e and nothing happens. I entered the url of the clientraw.txt correctly, checked it twice. Came right up in the browser. Settings come up, but I change C to F or other unit changes and the display remains unchanged. Except for bringing up settings, seems like I can’t get anything.

Jim

Have you set to download clientraw.txt instead of the yowindow option?
Try to remove the widget and adding it again.

Yes and yes. Set to clientraw and not yowindow and uninstalled and reinstalled. No difference. It seems not to be taking the setup options. URL in setup remains blank after typing it in. When I go back the typing remains, but the green url has nothing after it and units on the screen don’t change. The red “Click on 0.0” also remains.

Thanks

Jim

After rebooting my phone, it is now working. Very nice.

Thanks

Jim

I can’t get this widget to work at all anymore. Not downloading data, and does not respond to touch input. Reinstalled and still not responding to anything.

Lately, it seems quite insistent that my max gust is 1164 mph. All the rest of the data is fine. While it is hurricane season, i don’t think its quite that bad.

Regards,

Jim

Look’s like I didn’t received email notifications from this thread for a while…

I fixed small things in the widget some times ago (timeout errors after a reboot on my Sony Xperia). But, when I wanted to publish it in the play store, it told me that my SDK was too old. I updated to the latest version, rebuilt the wigdet and all hell broke loose #-o Nothing worked, mainly because of the power magagement introduced with Android O.

I’m currently trying to adapt the code to the latest SDK and releasing beta versions from time to time…
The new beta version is working fine on older Android but is unstable on newer ones (unresponsive after install, needing a reboot of the phone, update on wakeup stopping after a while).

Soooooo…if you’re having too much troubles with the beta version, just uninstall it, opt out of the beta thing, and reinstall.

Luc

Hi Luc,

I’m on the Beta version and the latest release from 04.12.2020 works fine for me and it updates when waking up again.
Thanks again for that fantastic Widget!!! :smiley:

Cheers
Scirocco

Please post when you update the beta version. The current beta fails to connect to get the clientraw on my version of android, so i look forward to the next update.

Regards,

Jim

I published the version 2.8.3 on december, 4th. Tested on old and new phones, old and new tablets, wifi and cell networks.
It should work ok, except for the ‘Update on wakeup’ that stops after a while.

Luc