Android widget to display clientraw.txt

I have created a widget that display the content of the file clientraw.txt.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.ludg.android.weatherwidget

This widget displays the information of a clientraw.txt file generated by the software Weather Display.
The widget supports 2 types of file: clientraw.txt and yowindow.xml.
Click the temperature in the upper left corner to configure, click anywhere else to update the display.

Configurable:
-Temperature units (Celsius or Fahrenheit)
-Wind speed units (kts, m/s, km/h, mph)
-Barometer(hPa, in/hg)
-Rain (mm, in)
-Feels like: Apparent, humidex, windchill, heat index.
-Background/Text color and transparency
-Text size
-Display of an icon for the forecast/current conditions
-Icon transparency
-Auto-update when the device is unlocked
-Periodic update
-URL of the file to download

The URL must me a full internet address like http://www.server.com/clientraw.txt
You can activate a periodic update. It will download only when the screen is ON.

[sub]
Version 2.3
-Removed the decimal when the temperature is displayed in

Looks ok, I wanted to try it as I am currently using this one:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.gpap.myweath

Yours has more options when setting up but missing some important ones IMHO…

Should add the ability to choose Barometer values and possibly colors for background… Also rain is always a biggie…

Just my two cents :wink:

-Bob

looks good, like the idea of the graph
and yes see if you can squeeze in rain :slight_smile:

I have added a configuration for the barometer units (hPa / inHg) and will add the rain.

I am testing a color picker for the background; it works well.
I will also add a transparency value (I like to see the background image on my phone).
Now, I am trying to control the background color of the widget…not an easy task it seems :?
I am new to the Android development and learning as I go with this project…

Luc.

Version 1.1 now available

Configurable:
-Temperature units (Celsius or Fahrenheit)
-Wind speed units (kts, m/s, km/h, mph)
-Barometer (hPa, in/hg)
-Rain (mm, in)
-Background color and transparency
Added daily rain.

Luc.

Updated and appreciate the additions.

One note I have my widget set at 2X3 and all the data is in upper left corner leaving a bunch of free space…

If I reduce to 1 X 3 then temp is to the left of background box and if I change to 2 X 2 then the Temp is 1/2 above box…

It looks like, to me that all the data would fit nicely into 2 X 2 if setup properly :slight_smile:

-Bob

Hello,

Thanks for a great app!!
The wind seems to be calculated wrong, i have chosen m/s, but the values are almost twice as much as i should, any idea?
Also, i would love having a 4x1 widget with “Current Condition” icon added…:slight_smile:

I was assuming that the speed unit used in the file was in m/s #-o
I checked and it is in kts. I will rewrite my conversion fonction.

I also do not like the color picker and will work on a new one this week…expect an update soon…

How do you change the size of my widget ?

When you add it to a screen you can choose different columns and rows also you can press and hold on widget and select edit and then stretch…

-Bob

I have this running on my ASUS Transformer. It looks great! :thumbleft: Thanks for adding rain and the
ability to set the baro values. =D>

-Keith

The Forecast Icon is field 15 in clientraw.txt… :smiley:

Nicely done! Have it running on my phone.

When i get ex “-11,0” degrees, the “feels like” and “humidity” is pushed outside of the widget, there is not enauge space for the units.
Is it possible to make it 4x1 instead of 3x1, so it fits?

-Peter

Bob,

What version of Android are you running? I am running 3.2.1 Honeycomb and I cannot find any way
to edit the widget once it is on the screen. Pressing and holding only pops up the “Uninstall” icon, it
does not offer and “Edit” function.

Thanks.

-Keith

2.2.2 on a Dell Streak…

-Bob

Thanks. Maybe Google removed the edit function on later versions…

-Keith

I have tried to use the widget but when I click the screen it stated updating then timeout. I have looked on my website and the clientraw.txt is being uploaded. Any ideas anyone?
Ta.

Timeout sounds like the widget is not able to connect to your server to get the clientraw.txt.
Is the clientraw.txt file in the root directory? If not, maybe the widget cant’ find it?

-Keith

I did check the root and it is in the root, or what I assume is the root. When I ftp to the site I have to go into a folder called public_html and it is in there with all the other files.

I tried to access http://tottenhamweather.webege.com/clientraw.txt and all I see is a blank page?

-Bob