Cellphone/Mobile Scripts (XHTML Mobile 2.3 Certified)!

tstorm ok check this out now and let me know… if you think its ok, ill update the main zip file…

the logic was absolute hell to get the formatting for all 8 cases… I think i got it tho… The issue was there was a 2nd line of text if you had a UV sensor and it was night… And since mobile XHTML does not allow nested tables, the logic for the formatting of the lines around the cells was difficult.

Glad you caught it tho!.. this has been a great project…

The new cell-ajax-dashboard.php fixed the problem with the UV forecast not showing at night. Thank you much!

John

John -

Glad that fixed the problem… You dont need the cell.php?skip=1 anymore… you can change your xml file…

I think you are using the older cell-radar.php and cell-advisories.php files… Take a look and swap out the width=“315” to width=“<?php echo($pagewidth-5) ?>” on all the image links. That dynamically changes the width to just be a bit smaller than the page width…

Updated “a” zip to include the fixed cell-ajax-dashboard.php.

Starting to see a few people use these – glad they are helpful to others!

Updated all pages with the width. Not sure which file you are talking about with the skip=1 as I haven’t found any that contain it anymore.

John

John – Your homepage

http://www.harpersferry-weather.com/cell.php?skip=1 … which is from menubar.xml

Thanks again. It was in my flyout-menu.xml .

John

yes sorry my bad… flyout-menu.xml. I knew it was some xml file lol…

OK fixed some issues that prevented the page from not displaying correctly on iphones… Had to a add a line to cell-top… Also fixed some formatting issues to make other pages look cleaner – thanks tstorm for all the help debugging this on iphones!!

main “a” zip updated with new files…

Sorry for all fast changes, but its getting pretty stable now I hope… :slight_smile:

Well, finally it’s up and running! :smiley:

http://www.meteothes.gr/cell.php?lang=en

Thanks,

Thanos

Looks good atsio! Your webcam tags still have the “alt” ref to my website but its not a huge deal…

Fixed! :wink:

Thanos

I downloaded your updated scripts again but cannot figure out how to change to FWI :?

Thanks for the hard work on this mobile script.

for FWI just set $fire = false; in cell-ajax-dashboard.php.

Also make sure your graphics are CBI-FireXX.gif. You can use whatever graphics you want, but for now the need to be named CBI-FireXX.gif where XX is 0,16,25,31,32.

I cannot find that setting, I am sure I have your latest cell-ajax-dashboard.php which i downloaded from this thread.

Thanks

line 68

$fire = true; //True = chandler, False = fire weather

No not there, I must somehow have the older version of the script.

Yeah you do… I can tell … you have an older version…

I have downloaded again and now have correct version, don’t know what i did. My bad :frowning:

thanks for help.

make sure you pickup the background

http://frogville.us/2.jpg

or use any background… just save the file too your root.

Tony -added a link to the UV/Solar images (first post) and the moon icons… There are 2 other files moon2.png and sun2.png which are in the zip you need to put in your ajax-images.

And HOLY UV there. wow… thats high!

I’m not sure how the forecast will work in NZ, but i can try to adapt/modify if needed… Dont have much exp with non-us forecasts so it might be slow :frowning: