Upgrading version - reconfiguring required? Clientraw ??

Brian or ?

I have a little time available and I want to upgrade my version from 3.2 to 3.4 (or should I wait for 3.5?)

Getting everything configured and running correctly was very difficult and required several trips to this forum. The question is: if I upgrade versions, do I need to start all over again with configuration, or are all of the variables stored in the .ini file and will be read (and not overwritten) by the 3.4 version?

(Speaking of the .ini file - for Unix uniformity, you should consider renaming the file to something.conf)

Something happened to my WD after the Hurricane with shutting down and rebooting and all that - now my delandwx.html is not updating, nor is the image (see www.koipond.org). I changed nothing in the config to cause this to happen.

I’m also making another run at getting WD Live going. I’m having to backtrack to a few months ago when I was deep into this – my clientraw file is not updating. I think I remember that WD produces this and WD live uses the file, but I’m not sure. Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

John

yes, you will not overwrite your old settings by installing the new version

concerning the clientraw go to setup, control panel, interent/ftp, tcp/ip then check the box that allows you to make the clientraw…

Hey Vergil,

You are the man - that worked. My .html file is still not being generated - guess I’ll have to play around with that. I’ll go ahead and upgrade today to 3.4

Thanks

John

actually with both the new .tar.gz and the new .zip it is 3.6 :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Vergil,

Success - got everything upgraded. I even got WD Live going - at least locally. Do me a favor please and see if the link to the live weather works for you. I just used my local 192 IP address for the domain name in WD Live config. (www.koipond.org)

Still can’t figure why my WD html output doesn’t work anymore.

Thanks – John

and a new linux version to inlude the latest data needed for the latest wdl will be released soon (once I catch up things in the windows version)

i don’t see a link to the live weather… your graph file is updating, very odd… do you have the name of the html file correct??

Try http://gardengate.dyndns.org:8080/weather/index.html for WD Live.

The weird thing is that I have not changed any config stuff since the hurricane blasted through here. My last delandwx.html update was Sept 5. Go figure :?:

John

john, email me your settings file, wdisplay.ini
(from where wd is installed)

WD Live works great for me…
did you have the html created under custom file creation, or just the generic?

No - nothing custom.

Hooray - WD Live works then! :smiley: I need to send Julian (and Brian’s overdue) a little money.

The reason you didn’t see the link to WD Live was probably due to your browser’s cache. I just updated the page… I don’t remember if I have have a “no cache” statement in the web page.

John

Brian - the ini file is in the mail! I sent it from the Linux box and it should have gone out okay, but let me know if you don’t get it.

John

i see the problem

go to setup, control panel, ftp/internet setup, custom web page setup, and turn off the custom web page option
as wd is expecting to find a wxlocal.html file to convert to ws.html and to upload that file

You saw, I fixed! Thanks Brian :lol: I never changed anything - it just -happened- like some cosmic event. Weird!

John

nope, it would not have happened by itself
you must have turned that on at some point, but it would not have got set until you restarted WDS
honest.
(windows users have made the same mistake, beilieve me)

good its going OK now

Thanks again Brian for the help! I gusee I must have changed that !?!?

John

Thanks a million Brian! I guess if you say I did it, then I’ll accept responsibility :oops:

John

any kids in the house?

dont worry, its quite a commen mistake…

I need to fix the switches so its easier to see if off or on , on the linux version
working on vers 3.7, will be ready in less than hour…for you to use, to get all the features of wdl working

when you shut down, do you actually choose to save and exit WD? because I have noticed if the power goes out without me saving it, sometimes the settings are lost

version 3.7 is ready!!

http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WeatherDlinux.zip

make sure you unzip to where you have WD installed, and exit WD first

you will have to make it a executable, via the permissions
(how do you zip a file in linux?)

now has all timr records to date for the year added (not retrospective)

data is now all compatible with WDL (john, you will need to set the clientrawextra.txt file name in the wdl .xml settings)

improved dials page
did some work on the APRS

still to add sun moon rise/set

did some work on the auto scale graphs

let me know how you get on