All Day Video setup

Hi All

Quite happy with my set up now, but I see I can get it to take a picture every, say, 10 seconds, but when it stitches them together, it only uses the ones taken on the minute, so if I have fast moving clouds they kinda looks jerky.

Ideally I’d like to take a snap every 10 seconds and then stitch all those together to make the all day video a little smoother.

I am not sure if this is possible ?

Thanks

Cliff

there are settings for using the every 10 second image for the last 10 minute video

but using every 10 seconds for all day would result in a large file that would take a long time to play

there is though an option to use every 30 second for the all day video

I am intending on re doing the all day video setup…its got complicated…because its been added onto and added onto ad hoc over time…

just need to get some spare time…

Hi Brian

I personally an not worried about the Size of the file, currently the all day is about 2.5mb, so even if it went up to 10mb in size is not an issue, maybe an issue to people wanting to download it, as my adsl is only 1mb up, but then its more for me to view and not concerned about the up/down speeds and as ISP’s get quicker it wont be a problem, and its going to take a while to fill a 2tb disk !
I am just Robocopying them off to another location every few weeks to keep things tidy…

Cliff

OK, I will look at adding this option when I re do the setup

will be interesting to see the result :wink:

Cool, look forward to it

I have made a good start with the new setup…

Awesome, let me know when its testable (if there is such a word!)

try
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WeatherDtest.zip
see the new setup tab in the web cam setup

I have tested

It does not create or upload date stamped at this stage
but yesterday movie is created and uploaded

I am on holiday (vacation) now for the next week
but will be checking in daily and still replying to emails, etc

cool, just downloaded and will add it tonight and see what happens

did some more work, the date stamped file should work now too
so re download again…

Sent from my keyboard

Ok, i have the first download running, not been running long enough to see, the only thing so far is the animated gif is a little grainy

the last hour video looks ok, but the one from 5am is not running properly as I stopped it and did the update, so I guess that will catch up tomorrow

I’ll download the next one and see tonight

Cliff

Ok tried first and second updates and I cant get it to update the web site, its stuck on the day before I installed the update, so not sure whats going on with it or what I may have missed

Cliff

not sure what you mean by first and second?
also check the ftplogfull.txt for file uploaded
I tested ftp uploads OK here

sorry the first and second new zip file,

Just looking at it now and the time stamped files are not being updated, I look at an xxxxjpgwebcam and it says modified today at 08:05 but I look at the actual picture and its from 2 days ago?

strange as the only pictures created correctly are the ones on the web page the animated one and the current picture, all the ones from the drop down menu are from before I installed the new zip file, and going through the directories although they say modified at the correct times the actual pictures are not the current ones

in the new all day video setup I have the following

first box is set to c:\wdisplay\webfiles\webcam\jpgwebcam.jpg
second box c:\wdisplay\webfiles\videos

video format is .flv
and currently ticked all the boxes to see if that makes a difference, the above setup is the same as webcam video setup page

nothing else changed or modified

Cliff

so you have set the folder to save the time stamped files as
c:\wdisplay\webfiles\videos
?
I tested setting a different directory for where the time stamped files are saved to, as where the non time stamped file is sourced from
and that worked

do you have the enabled setting set? (right hand side, under the save settings)
can you post a screen shot?

I think the issue is its saving the pictures in webfiles directory and calling them

videos1945000030jpgwebcam.jpg

it looks like its appending the folder name to the filename when saving

so I think I need to add a \ to the end of the save directory to make them save in the right place

I have c:\wdisplay\webfiles\videos
and I think it needs to be c:\wdisplay\webfiles\videos\

I’ll play and update later

that will be the problem

Got 1.8gb of files with the wrong file name :oops: in the wrong place, never mind

hopefully it’ll work now, funny how its allways a tick in a box or a tiny thing missed that cock’s it all up

I’ll see how it goes today

Cliff

Hmm, it still seems to be not updating the videos from the drop down menu, not sure whats amiss here

Cliff

is the drop down menu calling the files that are actually being uploaded?
(ie check what is being uploaded, etc)