Android App (WeatherView) for Current Weather and WXSIM Forecast

Hi all
I have been developing an Android app to display your current weather conditions (from Weather Display) and also your WXSIM forecast.

I have completed initial alpha testing and I am now looking for a few Beta testers to install the app on their own devices for testing compatibility and functionality. Testers with older or small screen devices will be preferred.

Once beta testing is completed, then the app, called Weather View, will be uploaded to Android Market Place with the following versions:

1. A free trial with no adverts, but only showing data from Wellington, Shropshire in the UK. This should be enough to see the functionality of the app.

Then:

a. A free app with limited options incorporating adverts but still being able to utilise new sites.
b. A paid for app with no ads and more options.
c. An elite version with information and files to set up your own site. You can let others use the app to view your own data.

As a thank you for the beta testing, the selected testers will be given the Elite version free and given help to set up their own web site to use the app.

If you are interested in the very few places available would you please post here. The selected testers will then be emailed a copy of the app to install via their computer (It would be an advantage if you know how to do this).

Any other posts with comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Screen shots of the Alpha version attached.

I’ll be happy to beta test for you.

I’m uk, isle of wight.

Stuart

I’d be happy to test your app.

I would be happy to test.

Samsung Galaxy.

Hi Welly

I would be happy to test for you.

I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S2 running Android 2.3.6

Best regards,

Henrik

I’ve got a galaxy tab 10.1 with Honeycomb, and I’m interested - but I do realise my android isn’t small or old :lol:

When you need more, I will give it a try…
Samsung Galaxy S Plus

Oebel

Shoot me a PM and I can test your app on a Kindle Fire (7" Tablet).

I own but currently don’t run Wxsim so I can’t do that, but I’m always interested in a decent weather app that can display station data.

If it works good, I would get the Elite version.

Hi, got a HTC Desire, but dont run wxsim
Newquay Cornwall

I have a motorola Atrix would like to test it

Thanks Trev

I’d give it a go on my Samsung Galaxy GT-I5800 running Android 2.1.

Stuart

I like that santa, neat

Sorry for the delay. My internet went down for a couple of days!
Rather than choosing 3 out of 10 of you for trial I’ve just published Weatherview on Android marketplace. So if you wnat to have a look and give me some feedback it would be appreciated.

Only shows data from my site - Wellington in England

Thanks

Rob

Hi

Downloaded the app to my Samsung android, I like how you can scroll the forecast at the bottom. Good job on first app attempt, nice clean and simple :slight_smile:

I just tried your app on my HTC Sensation 4G and it works great. I like how you have so much information so easily viewable on my phone. I’ll keep playing with it to see if I can break it. :wink:

Would love to beta test your app… Motorola Atrix Android 2.3.7

Hi Welly

Just installed your app on my Samsung Galaxy S2 and its working great. Look forward to be able to have my own forecast :smiley:

Best regards,

Henrik

Thanks for your kind comments.

Could I ask for positive comments to also be posted on the Android market place (thanks to Stuart for posting already :D)
So far the tips have not been programmed. These will be intermittent “helper text” giving hints on how to use the app. Fairly self explanatory, I think.

For example:

"Swipe on the top half of the screen to see more panels" 

and
“Tap on the forecast icon to get a full description”

The notification is also not programmed yet. This will set an alert when a new forecast is detected. There also will be a quiet time you can set, so it will not alert at night!

How it works

You must have already set up Ken True

Well it runs fine on my Samsung Galaxy GT-I5800 running Android 2.1. So far I’ve not been able to break it :smiley: One suggestion would be to warn the user if auto update (or a manual update ) is set and there is no internet connectivity, currently nothing happens if it tries to update but there is not connectivity so at least you would know that no update was done. If you want another site to test the WXSim/WD side of things PM me and I’ll set it up on mine as well.

Stuart

Looks good on my 10.1 inch screen too, a bit more open space and more of the forecast shows. Also only shows in portrait (won’t rotate to landscape)