Age Old Problem Solved

Just wanted to share this in case anyone else has experienced the same problem: After years of arguing with my service provider and web hosting company, and probably several complaining posts here, an uploading problem is now for the most part resolved. For years now, my weather station would just stop uploading. I would wake up in the morning or come home from work and find the station 5 hours behind. I would then find I could not FTP into my hosting company for my weather site, but for a different account at the same web hosting company had no issues.This behavior has gone on randomly for a few years now. After many hours of different tests and sessions with my ISP and hosting company a tech this morning made a suggestion to power down and restart my router. Amazing everything was back to normal. Of course I have a router issue, perhaps a simple firmware issue, but at least I can now restart my weather station when this happens again. The router is a Linksys WRT54g router.

I have another LinkSys router and have seen it drop just one port off (of 5, one port is WAN but defaults to LAN), yet all others are working fine, and yes a reboot just works fine :slight_smile: