Vantage Vue Issues

Hi All,

I have today swapped from a dead Oregon Scientific WMR200 to a Vantage Vue.

I uninstalled the version of Weather Display I was using (which had been installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\wdisplay) and reinstalled the latest build to c:\wdisplay (10.37Q Build 69).

Prior to this I had installed Weather Link and checked all was OK, and it was.

From memory Weather Display was fine the first time I ran it, but subsequently there are various strange problems. The indoor temperature is displaying the value from the outdoor temperature, the barometer is 0.0mb (the reason I think it was working initially is that the pressure rate shows a drop from the initial value of 1013mb), the wind values don’t seem to be working at all.

I’ve run through the setup again but still no dice.

I’m honestly not sure where else to troubleshoot. Can anyone help please?

TIA

When you ran WeatherLink if you select USB it puts the console into USBExpress mode, and that is not compatible with WD. See the FAQ section for directions on how to set the VUE back to serial mode.

Thanks for the reply.

More through luck than anything I selected serial, and it has set it to COM3.

So it’s working ok now with WD?

No, still the same. In fact it’s even worse now, there is nothing showing at all in terms of data - all variables are blank.

Weather Link is working 100%.

Just to state the obvious, you did close Weather Link completely before launching WD?

-Bob

Yes. Checked Task Manager as well, and process had ended.

I’m wondering if the previous setup had stored some registry entries, and whether there’s a way to completely start over?..

Na, I upgraded from a WMR100 to the Vue with no issues. First, is the Vue console displaying correct data?

What does WD say across the top… Weather Display - Ver XX.XXX BuildX - Registered - Blah and so on?

-Bob

NorCal Dan: The LCD console? Yes, that’s all fine. Also Weather Link (the Davis software) is displaying everything perfectly as well, as per the console.

JaxWeather: Weather Display - Ver 10.37Q Build 69 - Registered

I’m using Windows 7 Professional.

Make sure WD is not set for any barometer offset.

Checked. The field is blank, so nothing set.

Weather Display - Ver 10.37Q Build 69 - Registered

Isn’t that missing something like the Weather Station information?

Weather Display - Ver 10.37Q Build 69 - Registered - DAVIS Vantage Pro or something?

-Bob

Setup check…see attached…

Ah-ha!

I went back into station selection directly and it was blank. I selected the Vantage Pro etc. again, the cup size, and baud rate, and now I have DAVIS Vantage Pro along the top as well.

The good news is all the graphs have populated with data, but most of the fields on the left are blank.

Rev B ticked? If no live data is being received those fields on the left side will be blank. Is the data quality and data received lights flashing green on the console and the counter incrementing?

Are you running WD as administrator? Have you installed in C:\wdisplay? (Referring to the loss of settings.)

Verify comm port setup - see attached…

NorCal Dan: Ticking Rev B fixed it. I wasn’t sure what was right for the Vantage Vue. Thanks!

The COM3 exists pretty much identically as per your screenshot.

niko: I’m running as Administrator, and it’s in C:\wdisplay.

Looks like it’s all fixed though as far as I can see. Thanks lots for the replies, especially NorCal Dan :smiley:

Good deal…enjoy the new station :slight_smile: