Setting up your Website and Webcam

Yes, the linux gui version. Not sure if compiling etc is worth the trouble as the bug has only been sporadic…and who knows whether it is the software, my machine, E-RICE or the gods! But thanks for the offer.

This big has happened again on 18 Jan 2018. All my FTP information was cleared and I had to start all over again with new information in the gui. I am still on the original version of WD 10.37L and still on Ubuntu 11.04…I know, I know…but it apart from this FTP bug, it has been very stable for years. When I put in the new information in the gui, I did not put in the correct password (I have forgotten it!..and need to find it…least that is what I think caused the following problem). Hence, my website did not update…but my Weather Underground did…however (and this happened twice) WD only ran for 1,515 iterations and then just hung. When I deactivated the FTP switch in the gui, it ran as per usual, breezing through the 1,515 threshold…so, no idea what is happening here! I need to find the correct password for my website and see if the FTP upload works properly after I have entered that. Any suggestions…apart from “Update”.

i would have thought it would have been a good idea to have had a back up of the wdisplayftp.ini settings file?

Thank you for that suggestion…I checked to see if I had…and sure enough I had saved one…you must have suggested that 5 years ago also and I followed your advice!

Are there any other files that you would suggest that one should routinely back up?

the WDISPLAY.INI settings file to
and your log and data files folders

Hmmmm, I have reobtained my ID and Password for my site wilsonbayweather.com, and have used Filezilla to test it and it connects.

1. Why does it show the information on the right hand side as of 18/1/2018 - the date the website stopped reporting…and not the new information…

2. How do I transfer across on Filezilla…sorry I should know this but have forgotten.

3. In the WD FTP gui, the information seems to be all there…but the website is not updating.

Any suggestions please?

do you have the webfiles folder selected correctly?
(control panel, webfiles/web page setup)
what shows in a terminal window when you run cronftp

Found out how to do the Filezilla and that has worked properly…need to investigate now why WD FTP is not doing the business!

In filezilla the directory is /public_html and in WD it’s /web - maybe that’s an issue?

Thanks for replying…but no, that does not appear to be the issue! - actually duh! it was an issue…I just assumed it was not!

Sorry niko…you were on the button…for some reason I had this idea that the receiving file on the website was different for Filezilla to what it was for WD. Apologies…wrong assumption on my part!

Webfile folder set up attached…I think!

this is running on a normal linux box, or?

Yes, the same machine, same operating system, same version of WD for the last 7 years or so.

Cannot find out how to run cronftp from the command line…sorry!..have forgotten a lot since I set this all up some years ago!

was just wondering why you have pi as a directory, that is all
re run as terminal
open a terminal window
change to the directory where WD is
e.g
cd /wdisplay/

then run cronftp
e.g
./cronftp

you should not be posting that info (your ftp settings file) on public forum
you should delete that
also try running cronftp as sudo

I have blanked out the passwords!

I did…see first one in the screenshot…command not found!!!

I think I might have found it…/web is what I had…I think it should be /web/…no?

Wrong!

Sorry niko…you were on the button…for some reason I had this idea that the receiving file on the website was different for Filezilla to what it was for WD. Apologies…wrong assumption on my part!