Davis In New Zealand

I received my new Davis Weather Station and Soil Station yesterday but they forgot to send the data logger.

When I rang to let them know I was short an item I mentioned that I had put in the .2mm tip adapter into the rain gauge. I was advised that with NZ sourced stations this is wrong and that it is setup already for .2mm tip.
Sometimes it does not pay to read the instructions it seems.
So will be looking for the wee end cap I chucked back into the box and put it back the way it was.

Might be helpful info for anyone else buying Davis in NZ.

Cheers

You will have to update your profile for the details of your weather station equipment shortly :slight_smile:

You will be looking forward to the new station and well spent Capital Project funds!!

Graeme

NZ $ is in free fall today
so probably was a good time to purchase!

Yes I was going to delay and hope it went up some more, looks like a good decision which was really forced on me by my irox. darned thing keeps on losing contact with the anemometer. The frustration got to much in the end. I decided while I was at it to go the whole hog, Plus version, daytime FARS and Soil station.
I have assembled everything now just a matter of installation and receiving the datalogger so I can retire the iROX. Any buyers out there, grin. It would be OK if you nailed the console to the sensors.
Thanks for the comments Graeme. If your ever up this way call in for a coffee or a beer. We are 15 minutes up the hill from the Ramarama turn off.
By the way I checked out the rain tip, dribbled a mm worth of water in (33.8 Mil) and it read as 1.6mm, took off the adapter and the same water read as 1.2mm, the .2 discrepancy was probably my calculations. Not that I didn’t believe the agent but as the adapter changes the weight of the buckets I was slightly sceptical so thought I would prove the issue.

Cheers, a busy weekend ahead.

Cheers

Never regreted my purchase of a Davis, put it in something like two years ago and havnt had to touch it since (Except evict insects and spiders) best move out.

The wallet is still in fiscal shock and my wife reckons she is now a weather station widow.
But got it all set up. Found that the instructions say point the wind vane to the North but found that with a NZ purchased station you need to point it South. I guess that makes sense if you attache the anemometer to the ISS which has to face North for the sun. Got that sorted now just need the datalogger to be delivered and can set up WD and retire the iROX.

Cheers

Weather Widows, we have 4 in Tokoroa and we take them to a dinner each Mid Winter Xmas called what else but the Weather Widows Dinner

And a lovely night out it is too! We generally organise a summer BBQ as well.

Graeme