Uh Oh, Is Frances on the way ?

yeah - I feel sorry for Florida - hardly had a chance to clear up after Charley and another hurricane is on the way it seems.

Another test to see if PicOlio’s AWS survives!

oh no - the forecasted path is indeed going straight through Florida (and PicOlios backyard) yet again???

Good luck to them all.

Yes, it does look to be heading that way :cry:

I’m dumbfounded right now… almost numb…

We have sooooo much debris from Charley still that it is absolutely dangerous outside!

I’m watching it VERY CLOSE and frankly becoming more and more nervous. We’ve been making ice like crazy and since the freezer is still empty from Charley’s wrath we’ve got plenty of room to store it.

We gave up on trying to get a generator… they are already out of them in Central FL and we are assuming that those willing to stand in line for 8hrs or more waiting on new shipments probably need them more than we do.

I really felt the many trees we had around our yard would help to protect us during Charley…and they did. However, 30 or so of them fell down and another 50 or more are leaning and weak with their roots already pulled and shifted just waiting for something to knock them over.

With Frances I fear the trees are going to be our enemies and become projectiles so I doubt we’ll be able to look out windows to see Frances like we did Charley. We’re also hoping to get a lot of Charley’s debris packed up and taken to a local dump site since it does not appear the city is going to be able to make their second round of pickups prior to Frances arriving. FORTUNATELY we were lucky enough to be in the path of the city’s first round so a large amount of our debris is in fact gone.

On my fear factor scale is a 100yr old oak tree that stood through Charley but it’s trunk cracked and it’s roots lifted…It is now a dying tree and I don’t think it can handle Frances so I’m not sure how it is going to affect us on this round if she hits…

A couple of days ago we had a 5 MPH wind gust (which is like nothing lol) take down this branch…

And things like that have been happening all week long. So many branches in the trees already weakened or broken that just a tiny breeze is all it takes to send them flying down…

People are very nervous in Central FL right now and many inland folks may still have to be evacuated because all of the dump sites setup for Charley’s mess are now extremely dangerous to live around (city parks full of trees, branches, limbs etc that are now seen as missiles)

But yes… right now the eye is projected to come right over us again…I’m hoping she changes her mind because we really don’t need Charley’s Big Sister this weekend

I WILL be leaving the weather station out there :slight_smile: It did store Charley’s details but I never could figure out how to get them out of the system and into WD. Everytime I tried I got no where so I blew it :confused:

Anyone want to post a step by step on that one so if I do get data from FRANCES I don’t lose it?

http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_245112203.html

around half a million told to prepare to evacuate in Florida 8O 8O 8O

some sources think Frances will be more davastating than Hurricane Andrew in 1992 was!! And I am reading weather forums where hurricane chasers are actually going to go and put themselves in the middle of this thing!!!

last time Florida was hit by two hurricanes in one season was in 1950

boy oh boy oh boy!

I WILL be leaving the weather station out there Smile It did store Charley's details but I never could figure out how to get them out of the system and into WD. Everytime I tried I got no where so I blew it :/

Anyone want to post a step by step on that one so if I do get data from FRANCES I don’t lose it?

I know this isn’t WD “kosher”, but you could always use WL just in case WD can’t get the data. The biggest problem is WD likes the 1 min archive time, but you if you are with out power, then you could start to overwrite your old data. If you set a larger time, you won’t lose data, but WD won’t work as well. A nice Catch 22 :stuck_out_tongue: :lol:

Is it time for me to panic yet???

We’ll likely be out of power MUCH LONGER than we were last time :frowning:

Should start seeing some crazy stuff by tomorrow evening and tropical/hurricane stuff for over 24 hours Sat/Sun…

We were not able to obtain plywood to cover the windows… everything is in short supply so all we can do is pray the trees/debris etc doesn’t find its way into the home.

Wish us luck! This weather station sure brought a lot more weather than I ever planned on our way :stuck_out_tongue:

It’d also be cool if you guys could post some images/reports etc while I’m out. While everyone else was getting updates and news and damage reports we were sitting lost in the dark… so I never really got to ‘see charley’ pass over us… had to dig up archives to put the pieces together lol

Yep…I’m getting nervous :frowning:

looking bad
i feel real sorry for you!

archive interval:
yes, set it to say every 10 or 30 minutes…use weather link to make sure that is set correct
and then in wd, in the data logger setup, set the pad interval to match…

good luck and stay safe!!!

ps. here is a bahams site:
http://www.rockybay.com/webcam/webcam_page.htm

ooopps double posted…

This lil egg was dropped in the water…sadly I don’t know how long ago
outside of the fact that it wasn’t there a couple of hours ago…so I’m really
not sure how viable it is. It’s a baby three stripped mud turtle egg and
mommy was right in front of it when it was noticed so I THINK maybe it
wasn’t there that long ago.

I wont have power soon and I don’t know how long it’ll be w/o power but
I’ll try to keep her warm with an old fashioned incubation routine… Just in
case…

There should be two eggs (she was x-rayed a while back)…so I dunno if
we have another one coming soon… maybe they’ll be Charley and
Frances if we get real lucky and they hatch.

Ok…I’ve gotta get back to dealing with the coming storm but I also HAD TO
STOP BY AND SHARE THE NEWS.

I can’t believe I need a series of hurricanes to get my turtles in gear!!!
But it seems like a positive sign showing new life in an area everyone is
fearing loss of life…

I'll try to keep her warm with an old fashioned incubation routine.

Uh-oh…he’s going to sit on it :wink: If it hatches, be careful or you’ll have a turtle following you round for the next 20 years calling you Dad!

Keep safe. If I’ve remembered where you are, I think you’re not quite in the eye this time (assuming it doesn’t move). I guess 100mph winds aren’t that much better than 150mph winds though?

i saw a chart of its movement, and its on a long slow curve a bit more to the north now…might go up Floridas coastline?

archive interval: yes, set it to say every 10 or 30 minutes...use weather link to make sure that is set correct and then in wd, in the data logger setup, set the pad interval to match...

I found a button titled "WS2010-13/WS2500 data logger setup/info but I don’t know what I’m looking for in WD for the Davis Vantage Pro Plus?

Weatherlink et al was already setup for every 30 minutes…

Help?

its under setup, control panel, datalogger setup

i also see frances has weakeaned a bit…but its moving into clearer waters now…

Geeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz I feel so blind now.

Thank you…found it and set it :slight_smile:

If she stays like she is now then we’ll be looking at something almost exactly like we got with Charley only instead of an hour or two it’ll be for 12 to 24 hours with a lot more rain.

If she indulges herself in the warm waters and strengthens then …well… sigh… Let’s just hope she stays smaller :slight_smile:

yes, thats righht, she is going to cross the warm gulf stream…and she has slowed a bit, yes,?>
so she could increase in intensity again easily, yes… 8O

Looks like Frances has been downgraded to a Cat 2 hurricane now (I think it started out as Cat 4). Not good news, but 100mph winds must be a little better than 150mph winds?

Absolutely better!

When she stalled in the water we got pretty nervous but it doesn’t look like she’s going to be able to build up “too much” out there…

She’s at 110 mph officially which is one mph less than they need to report to call her a cat 3…for some reason they are hesitant to upgrade her…

So far we’ve just had gusty winds and a bit of rain but we’re far enough north to where we get the ugly stuff until later tonight and tomorrow morning…

We’ve had some tree damage and a tornado not too far from us but so far WE are doing well through it all…

My puppy (the one in my avatar) keeps running out, grabbing branches and bringing them back into me… he’s having a blast chasing leaves. As far as he is concerned…this weather is THE BEST FUN EVER :stuck_out_tongue: Little does he know that kennel time might not be too far away…

i hope you are OK Picolio?

there was alot of flooding damage on top of the wind damage because it was so slow moving!