cloudy cloudy

Author Topic: Uh Oh, Is Frances on the way ?  (Read 12178 times)

Offline PicOlio

• It all started with a turtle pond...
  • Oviedo FL
    • http://www.PicOlio.com
Uh Oh, Is Frances on the way ?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2004, 08:07:09 PM »
Geeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz  I feel so blind now.

Thank you...found it and set it :)

If she stays like she is now then we'll be looking at something almost exactly like we got with Charley only instead of an hour or two it'll be for 12 to 24 hours with a lot more rain.

If she indulges herself in the warm waters and strengthens then ...well.... sigh.... Let's just hope she stays smaller :)
Florida

"The Sunshine State"

Offline Weather Display

• Davis VP2
  • New Zealand
    • Weather Display
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2004, 08:23:19 PM »
yes, thats righht, she is going to cross the warm gulf stream...and she has slowed a bit, yes,?>
so she could increase in intensity again easily, yes... 8O

Offline administrator

• Administrator
  • Get answers to your questions - use Forum SEARCH!
  • Blackpool, UK
    • Weather-Watch.com
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2004, 09:07:49 PM »
Looks like Frances has been downgraded to a Cat 2 hurricane now (I think it started out as Cat 4). Not good news, but 100mph winds must be a little better than 150mph winds?
Chris
Weather Forum Administrator

Offline PicOlio

• Oviedo FL
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2004, 09:53:47 PM »
Absolutely better!

When she stalled in the water we got pretty nervous but it doesn't look like she's going to be able to build up "too much" out there....

She's at 110 mph officially which is one mph less than they need to report to call her a cat 3...for some reason they are hesitant to upgrade her.....

So far we've just had gusty winds and a bit of rain but we're far enough north to where we get the ugly stuff until later tonight and tomorrow morning...

We've had some tree damage and a tornado not too far from us but so far WE are doing well through it all....

My puppy (the one in my avatar) keeps running out, grabbing branches and bringing them back into me.... he's having a blast chasing leaves.  As far as he is concerned...this weather is THE BEST FUN EVER :P  Little does he know that kennel time might not be too far away...
Florida

"The Sunshine State"

Offline Weather Display

• Davis VP2
  • New Zealand
    • Weather Display
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2004, 06:51:34 AM »
i hope you are OK Picolio?

there was alot of flooding damage on top of the wind damage because it was so slow moving!

Offline Rimsky

• Multi-Disciplinair Hobbyist
  • Wormer, Netherlands
    • Ceescap's weather website
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2004, 10:02:43 AM »
I hope all worked out for Piccolio. His weather data seemed to have stopped somewhere around midnight sept 5

Offline PicOlio

• Oviedo FL
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2004, 01:11:02 PM »
I hope all worked out for Piccolio. His weather data seemed to have stopped somewhere around midnight sept 5

Btw... I'm a "her" :)

We did very well through this LONG AND STILL SLAMMING US storm!

We are still getting some squalls from Frances... we will continue to get rain dumped on us etc....

Overall Frances was VERY KIND to us!!!!!  Highest wind gust was only 60mph and our avg windspeed held in the 30s or 40s mph range....

The trees that Charley left bent over... Frances STRAIGHTENED!!! It was as-if she "cleaned up" after Charley...but in a GOOD WAY for us.

Of course others in the state got it much worse than we did...but for us personally...we did well.  It'll take me about a day to clean up after Frances but still a very long time to clean up after Charley.

Charley was way worse for us than Frances has been... biggest problem with Frances was/is her SLOW SPEED.  We're not flooded out yet...but as we continue to get more rain I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to say that....

What I learned about my weather station throughout this storm was that due it's very low location and centered between a LOT of trees is that my wind readings we're almost exactly 20mph LESS than the actual winds.  So where I read 30mph it was actually 50mph.  My station is only 9 to 10ft off the ground though and surrounded by "wind blockers".

I got the data into Weatherlink....

How do I get WD to grab it now???

http://picolio.com/staticpages/History_Vantage_Pro_Plus.php

Notes:
Windspeed Average and Gusts is about 20 mph lower than actual
Rain Rate is lower than actual because most of it was horizontal rain and therefore couldn't land in the bucket :P
Florida

"The Sunshine State"

Offline Vergil83

• Utterly confused by simple networking
  • TN
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2004, 02:31:48 PM »
Quote from: PicOlio

What I learned about my weather station throughout this storm was that due it's very low location and centered between a LOT of trees is that my wind readings we're almost exactly 20mph LESS than the actual winds.  So where I read 30mph it was actually 50mph.  My station is only 9 to 10ft off the ground though and surrounded by "wind blockers".

you can set a windspeed offset in WD.  Maybe a 40% increase would work?  :idea:
Inventor of the 43ft alcohol barometer

Offline Weather Display

• Davis VP2
  • New Zealand
    • Weather Display
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2004, 03:43:22 PM »
getting historical data in WD:
before running wd, in the wdisplay.ini file, check the :
[Davis download]
hour=

etc time and date to when the program was last running
now, if you have every 10 minutes logging in the data logger, then you might just have to round out the minute to the nearest 10 minutes in those settings....

then as long as under setp, control panel, datalogger, you have the switch on there, it should try and get the lost data at start up...
and, also, set the datapad out on that screen to match the data logger pad out (i.e 10 minutes) that you have it set at.

Ok, your a her, great!.
That reminds me of calling an Italian a her when it was a he....becuase of the first name,LOL

3:30 m , up becuase of a kid was awake...
back to bed again...

cumulus