WU is uploading ok But CWOP will not [RESOLVED]

Heeeellpppppp!!!

I can’t get my WD to upload to CWOP even though it uploads to WU fine. I had read around here a bit and it seems that WD either uploads to all or not. Also, can anyone tell me “in detail” where to find the “internet sharing over a LAN” checkbox because for the life of me I can’t find it.

Many thanks for any help.

I had read around here a bit and it seems that WD either uploads to all or not
huh? what do you mean??

WD does correctly upload to CWOP, as long as you have that correctly setup (e.g lat/long is set correctly (maybe if you could post a screen shot of that)

the internet sharing option was removed from the connections setup as it causes too many problems (and its mostly redundant functionality now anyway)

Sorry… I was meaning that I can’t understand why it uploads one but not the other. I know it’s a setting of some sort I havn’t got right. BTW weather link uploads to cwop ok…so it’s just makes it more of a mystery to me. Here are the screenshots you asked for with many thanks.

cwop2.jpg

one thing to check, make sure you have a croncwop.exe program where WD is installed
(e.g via the full install)
and make sure that file is being blocked by the firewall

post here the contents of the
CWOPlogsend.txt
file

Thanks Brian

I found croncwop.exe ok in the WD folder but according to windows search there is no trace of a file called CWOPsend.txt. Also I have disabled my firewall and tried to no avial. Can you tell me what folder it is usually strored in?

what happens if you double click that croncwop.exe file
or if you click on test in the CWOP setup in WD

Ok…Brian

If I click the croncwop.exe file in the WD folder it sends the data and updates the CWOP site instantly (I tested this several times), however if I click the test button within the programme nothing happens…no data is sent. I hope this gives a clue.

Thanks

ops, the test send does not work, as I had not updated that to use the new croncwop.exe program

in any case, the automatic send should work, at the time you have set to send
try setting a time to send at a different time, i.e set manually a time, say 1 minute from now
also, any errors under view, program event log?

also, is the main switch on in the connections setup in the ftp/internet setup?
(and do you have ticked there to use weather display’s Ftpupd.exe )?

Brian

I will check these things when I get home from work tonight. Like all of us I have to work to save pennies for weather stations and stuff. :slight_smile: I’ll let you know later tonight. Thanks

Ok Brian

I have checked for any errors in the programme log and there is nothing. The log is blank. I tried manually setting upload times and still no cigar. The main internet switch is on, but I don’t know where to find the tick box (Ftpupd.exe) you referred to. Perhaps you can tell me how to find it. Again I am only able to update cwop by clicking the raw file in the programme folder. Everything else is working like a charm.

Thanks

It’s on the same “connections” window where the main internet switch is located, at the top of the lower section “User Weather Display’s own FTP…”

Maybe you could post a screenshot of that connections window so we can check all the setup?

Thankyou Niko

I found the tick box with your advice and unchecked it. All is updating automatically now so that was it. It’s an option I never knew of or altered so a bit of a trap, but many thanks to you and Brian for sorting it out. :slight_smile:

I also am having trouble getting the CWOP upload to work. Am I understanding this correctly? Uncheck this box? Have tried several times over the last couple of years with no success, saw this post and went back to work on it.

Thanks for the highlight, no, the “Use Weather Display’s own FTP…” must be checked for things to work.

Petticoats, did you tick or untick that setting?
I suspect you had to tick that setting
(its on by default)

I am having the same problem…anybody see what I have set wrong?

Here is the contents of the CWOPlogsend.txt
CWOP data send start 2:43:53 PM 6/28/2011
APRS Connecting to: cwop.aprs.net
Aprs connected
sending pass command
user DW6599 pass -1 vers wx-display 10.37Q31
Sending the aprs data now
APRS data send:
CW>APRS,TCPIP*:@231700z3402.00N/09701.00W_112/007g
012t041r000p000P000b10275h60L0232.WD 31
Disconnecting from the aprs server now
Finished

Thanks for any help on this, Doug
*cwop4 is my weather link set-up

how do you mean the same problem exactly?

the problem with the last user was it was not sending auto (a setting wrong)

is that the problem you have, or?

Auto or manual.The data is not showing up at CWOP. The CWOPlogsend.txt changes every update(in auto) but CWOP shows no data recieved. If I double click the croncwop.exe it also will show a change in the CWOPlogsend.txt but still no data. I had been offline from CWOP for over an hour so I restarted weather link. Posted that set up screen shot also, thinking I must have a setting wrong in WD and it might help.

Thanks for the reply, Doug

so not the same problem, as the data is being sent auto

I had been offline from CWOP for over an hour
so maybe the problem is with the CWOP servers

try port 21 in the WD setup, server setup

Stopped weather link and per your instruction changed to port 21…will wait and see what happens

Thanks, Doug