real time graphs

what would be nice is some fix for the gaps in data when the station is off line for the real time graphs. Some way of removing the gaps as well as connecting the data. something like the correction for the historical graphs. 8)

i just tested
the real time graphs updated with data from the data extraction at start up, via my Davis VP data logger
so it works
you can tell it works because the time of the data on the real time graphs stays the same, the same as the time you start up wd and get the missing data
i cant fix that
sorry

but otherwise the data does update, so this feature request is already working

its ok. Kind of like my mother-in-laws Buick. Can’t fix the brake noise and the phantom whine. I guess the whine is from her passengers :twisted:

but there is nothing to fix.,…the real time graphs update ok for me…
are they not for you?

they upload fine and do just fine. What happens if the program conflicts and crashes, I reboot and where the reboot shows up there is a spike and a gap when the program starts collecting data again. What I could do is experiment with the update , move the number of seconds to longer and see what shakes loose.

My VP real time graphs work ok also. No glitches between live data and data extraction (I am using 15 min with 15 padding.) It would be nice is the VP data extraction time could be put in place of real time, but the graphs look perfect (padding is being applied).

I do have some questions or improvements for the real time VP/Solar graph during data extraction.

1. Would be nice to have the extracted downloaded time also (like you said, may be impossible to provide).
  2. Add the padding during data extraction (since I run mine at 15 my data extraction is 1/15 of the live data portion of the graph.
  3. I am not sure the ET is being correctly calculated and or is missing the data extraction portion. I don’t understand this yet, but I do know it does not match my VP console.

In the graph below the time from start of solar to the drop in ET is six hours of live data. I shut the program down at the drop in ET and back up six hours later at the up swing of ET. The daytime 0 ET was a data extraction and also notice without the pading is 1/15 of the live data six hours.