1 Wire Power Issues

Hey guys,
So here is my setup. I have a USB 1wire adapter plugged into my weather PC. From here I have a 75’ cat5 run to my temp/hum sensor mounted to a fence post. Coming out of the temp/hum sensor is a 25’ run to my solar sensor. Now the issue is when I plug the solar sensor into my temp/hum sensor it messes everything up. I am able to get an accurate temperature off the sensor but humidity fails to display anything. Solar works fine. Is this a power issue? should i be looking into adding a power injector to the system? When I unplug the solar sensor everything goes back to normal with temp/hum readings. Thanks guys

Kory

Hi,

I would think that 100 feet of cable to your solar sensor is stretching it a bit. You might want to consider that power injector that would work and not tax the USB power coming from your computer. See my post listed last at http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/50536 and see what you think.

–Stan Y.
Maui, Hawaii

Thanks a ton Stan!
Ive ordered the hub up and it should be here in a few days. Should work like a charm, Thanks again

Kory

Hi Kory,

Hope that the hub will solve your issues with your 1-wire system. Make sure that the power input to the hub is greater than 6 vdc with at least 1 amp of current capacity.

–Stan Y.
Maui, Hawaii