OS WMR-968 Rain Gauge to slow

The rain gauge on my OS WMR-968 weather station was unable to record a recent downpour in excess of 0.148 in./min (8.58 in./hr). The rain gauge missed 2 mm of the downpour. :? Total amount of rain event was 1.024 in.

indeed, I own a WRM928 which is the european version of the WRM 968 (just different wireless frequency) & I’m not satisfied with my rain gauge eather: if there is a lot of wind & rain falls steeply onto the gauge, readings are even more far out of track. I have a manual pluvio meter as they call it and I registred approx 20.5mm, the rain gauge detected only 5mm.
I went to the rain gauge and controlled everithing twice every direction I placed the levelingapparatus, it should be as flat as possible.
When the rain is dropping down by small drops , or even nearly moister, it doesn’t detect rain, while the pluvio meter detected 1.5mm after 3h. I’m at the point of looking to another rain gaige on time … If anyone has suggestions?

the 1mm resolution is quite awful - light showers will always get missed - but I guess you get what you pay for - which is still quite a lot in some people’s eyes!!