[SOLVED] WMR200 Console Recording Rainfall - WD still displaying 0mm

Hi,

Over the last week or so, the rainfall is not being recorded in WD, however, it is being displayed on the WMR200 Console.

I have cleared the WMR200 console data and checked the time on the Console and PC, which is a dedicated weather station laptop with 24/7 connection.

Additionally I have tested the rain guage by manually “tipping” it and the reading is recorded on the WMR200 console, but not being recognised in WD.

Using WD v10.37Q Build 23

???

does the rain data show in the separate wmr100/200 data gathering program
also make sure to use build 25 or later, as builds 10 to 24 has a memory leak
note also that WD stores its rain totals separate from the station, and so only will increase rain as rain occurs
(but you can set the starting rain totals)

Thanks Brian.

Will download and install latest version of WD, and will also look at the WMR100/200 downloader.

Will tip the rain guage a few times and see what happens.

Will advise later today.

Cheers.

Brian,

Rainfall testing done this evening by both tipping the bucket and also real rainfall!

Have installed new WD version 10.37Q build 27- No Difference - does not register rainfall

WMR100/200 data gatherer still shows Rain Total = 0.0

WMR200 Console now showing 8.6mm rain. Console data has been flushed as per other posts.

Ideas???

Problem Solved

#-o :oops: :smiley:

Out of sheer frustration, I decided to remove all power (batteries and AC/DC adaptor) from the WMR200 Console, waited 10 minutes, found a pointy object, pressed the reset button on the back and then applied power while still pressing the reset button.

Once all sensors synced up with the console - rainfall data started to send the rainfall data through.

This is clearly a problem with the WMR200 hardware.

Next station I get will be a Davis Vantage 2 Plus (6163)

Thanks for your help.

did you have a very large rainfall total on the wmr200 console?

Hi Windy,Rohant. This is exactly what happened with me when there was rain on the console showing the amount of rain and yet there was no data at all.
See thread: http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/49654 (Re: Rain history data not recording).
I can remember seeing the amount of rain yet there was nothing at all in the logfiles or even on the rainfall screen on WD console.

I have since upgraded to build 28 and will see if there us still a problem.
Ross

if the rain total on the console gets too high, then it will go over limit, and not be able to send any higher amount to the pc

That would be 655.35 inches (16,645.89 mm) of total rain since 1st Jan 2007.

all that I know is that this has happened to others and that was the solution

the max possible is 65792 as the raw value from the 2 values used for the rain fall
but the max value, in hex , that the station can send is
0x99C6
i.e
39366 decimal
as 0.01 inch
i.e 393 inches or aprox 9825mm

Hi all, Have just started WD this morning and we had 6.4 mm of rain since 23.00 last night and all was recorded and showing fine on the console as well as the graphs and logfiles.
It seems build 28 has done the trick.
Ross

did you reset the rain total on the console?

no I didn’t reset as I wrote down all the figures last night in the console so as to check this morning and all was fine.