CWOP, WU, and WB not uploading

I followed all WD and CWOP (DW6803), WeatherUnderground (KORASHLA12), and WeatherBug (21507) instructions for posting my station, including having the main FTP switch on. I can see that the WD ftp starts up and send data every 5 minutes, but nothing ever gets to CWOP, WU, or WB. Must be something blocking it, but I can’t locate any specific issue and other ftp processes work fine.

Any ideas on a flow to figure out what is happening?

Greg

Greg,

Both WU and CWOP typically have a delay between sending your first data and appearing live.

How long has it been? What are your WU and CWOP station ID’s?

-Bob

Bob,

Its been nearly two weeks now. I have contacted CWOP and they said my station is registered fine, but no data comes across.

Greg

What does your FTP log show when an upload is supposed to occur?

-Bob

Bob,

My ftplog shows the following:

FTPUPD.EXE finished at 1:05:08 AM 1/24/2011
Time taken = 0.02 minutes
Total bytes uploaded = 0 K
Total bytes uploaded for the day = 0.00 Mb
Total bytes uploaded for the month = 0.09 Mb
FTPUPD.EXE started at 1:10:06 AM 01/24/11
agenda items to do…
dowunderground
doweatherbug
list of files uploaded*

FTPUPD.EXE finished at 1:10:12 AM 1/24/2011
Time taken = 0.03 minutes
FTPUPD.EXE started at 1:13:02 AM 01/24/11
agenda items to do…
do aprs data send
list of files uploaded*

So it appears that the ftp is setup to upload, but that nothing is posted. Not sure why? Attached below and in other replies are a couple of screen shots of my setup for CWOP/APRS and the ftp main.

Greg

CWOP-APRS setup

Main ftp setip

It appears you are using a CWOP ID, try unticking that…

I see you have checked that you are not using a CWOP ID, is this true. Your ID of DW6803 looks like a proper CWOP ID (mine is DW2671). Are you in fact registered as a Ham ID with CWOP? If not, then maybe try deleting the id in the Ham Validation box and uncheck the box stating you are not using a cwop id.

Also, on your server setup you have checked Use this server instead, but there is no server selected. Uncheck that box as well as another thing to try.

Did everything suggested in the last two replies (thanks by the way) and the ftplog still shows

FTPUPD.EXE started at 12:53:01 PM 01/26/11
agenda items to do…
do aprs data send
list of files uploaded*

FTPUPD.EXE finished at 12:53:07 PM 1/26/2011

FTPUPD.EXE started at 12:55:02 PM 01/26/11
agenda items to do…
dowunderground
doweatherbug
list of files uploaded*

FTPUPD.EXE finished at 12:55:08 PM 1/26/2011

Since nothing is being uploaded then WD must not be reading or processing a file. How can I check to see if WD has what it needs to post?

Help … Greg

Uncheck the “internet sharing over a LAN” in the FTP setup.

Thanks … that seemed to do the trick for CWOP-APRS and WeatherBug … however, WeatherUnderground is still not posting. Any tricks with it that might different from the other two.

Greg

not sure why people tick that internet sharing over a LAN
I think I might disable that
its very rarely needed

as for wunderground, it says its uploading
double check you have the ID and password set correctly (they are case sensitive)

Thanks Brian … not sure why I checked the LAN ??

CWOP-APRS and WB working fine, but WU still not posting. I have the station and password set up fine and the station exists on wunderground, nothing gets to them. No luck with anyone at WU to confirm that the station is setup to receive on their end. Any other ideas?

Cheers,
Greg

most often people say they have the WU ID and password set correclty when in it turns out that it is not

also do you have WU rapid fire in use?

Finally all three are posting … it appears that the WU issue was on their end, I had all settings done correctly in WD.

Question … is is necessary or is there any benefit to have WU rapid fire in use?

Greg

and sometimes the issue is on the WU end…

I’m beginning to think it’s overkill. With all the near real-time updates the templates are doing, RF is just excess baggage. Mine will probably come down (those cpu cycles can then drive my SETI calcs faster!). :smiley:

jgillett did highlight one problem
if you were to turn off the rapid fire switch but then not exit the separate WUrapidfire.exe, then that program would keep on sending stale data to WU
I have fixed that now, so that its closed if the switch is turned off