VP console with real time update

@henkka

What do I have to change if I want to have the figures updating faster?

I did change this

var updates = 2;

but it don’t update any faster.

scroller-positining,
it was my miss there, one way to fix it is to change the id for span id=“cajaxforecast” to span id=“ajaxforecast”

Axelwold,
var updates is how many times it updates
var timeout is how often it updates
:slight_smile:

To about this script. It was a half-mistake it started looking like it do :lol:
Thanks to the jQuery-scripts i allready have in use on my site (gauges, graphs, AJAX) it was easy to copy/paste needed parts for it. jQuery is a damn powerful little javascript with lots of plugins, it do possible to do what most increadible things (from hobby-coder aspect).
Biggest “issue” was the numbers but after some Googling was it fixed too :slight_smile:
For Scandinavian users: Noted the digital font can’t write

The work done on this script has been tremendous, thanks to all. I was wondering if it would be possible to change the windspeed to display in km/hr, as well as having the time display in 12hr format, and the date format switched around as well.

Got it, thanks.

Now to figure out how to change the other stuff…not much time for playing. Is anybody working on porting this over to the Vue console? I had thoughts of giving it a go, but I don’t have a lot of time to invest…

Neat and so easy to implement worked first time.
Particularly loved that it was all contained in a sub dir, my website root is getting somewhat crowded.

Not sure what is supposed to be showing but I think it’s the moon icon maybe?? I have converted everything to US measurements but not sure why the moon icon is not showing correctly…out of time for today…will have to work on this more later.

[s]

I did change to this

var updates = 20;
	var timeout = 2; // In sec

But still no update in real time, I want to have updating every 2 or 3 second, is this possible?

F5 and then it works :oops:

I have been attempting to make the wind conversion from m/s to km/h, using the conversions from this page:

http://www.4wx.com/wxcalc/formulas/windConversion.php

I have had no success, may I have some help, please?

Try change line 68 in the jquery.console.js file

var crwspd = (cr[1] * 0.514444).toFixed(1);

to

var crwspd = (cr[1] * 1.85325).toFixed(1);

and “m/s” to “km/h” in line 91 in the vp_console2.php.

I guess that will do the trick?

Attached is a zip file that contains vp_console2.php and jquery.console.js that contain the changes I made to produce the readings for wind in mph, temp in F, rain in inches, and barometer inHg.

[size=100][color=red][b]ADD: I have replaced the attachment as it contained the wrong formula for the barometer. Anyone who already downloaded the archive please change the forumla for the barometer in the jquery.console.js file to:

var crbaro = (cr[6] * 0.0295317).toFixed(2);

[/b][/color][/size]

Archive.zip (5.88 KB)

Is there a idiots guide I wish to have mph, C. mm and mb?

…and everybody else in the UK probably :slight_smile: :wink: :roll:

Thanks ocl, thanks Dan :slight_smile: Now, my forecast icon is always stuck on cloudy, and I have no moon icon, how do I get them to display properly?

Is there a idiots guide I wish to have mph, C. mm and mb?
First edit vp_console2.php: line 91 - m/s -> mph line 103 - hPa -> mb mm and C is there already.

1 hPa = 1 mb - so thats ok.
We have to change the windreading to show mph.
Edit line 68 in the jquery.console.js file

var crwspd = (cr[1] * 0.514444).toFixed(1);

to

var crwspd = (cr[1] * 1.15155).toFixed(1);

Many thanks ocl… :slight_smile:

Many thanks all working now

Spoke to soon ok in Firefox but not in IE (http://www.gyweather.com/vp_console2.php) also how to I get the change of colour when it updates.

Thanks in advance

Anybody interested in finishing this? → http://travelingrvwx.com/vue_console.php

I just don’t have much time to devote to the project and it needs a lot more added…shouldn’t be hard, just need time…

If you also want to show seconds in the clock, change this line of jquery.console.js to this

var cu = cr[29]+':'+cr[30]+':'+cr[31]+'    '+cr[35]+'.'+mo;

Look at my page
Bertil

Can anyone tell me what to do to get graph and wind direction working in IE works ok in firefox.

Thanks