VP console with real time update

Hi Henrik,

Works fine from here

Henkka

IF you need to adjust the positions for the numbers when you install it on your site, i needed, just look for the “top: xxxpx” in the style=“”-settings in the html-code and finetune from there. seems they can slightly move depend on the page’s other code.

I’m struggling …obviously something to do with the image location…I already had a folder called img and transferred the contents of the downloaded image folder to that…My img folder is at the first level in the website directory…

ideas? help required.

This is the result so far for the Henkka version… here

The previous Bertil Version still works OK here

Hi Henkka
And here I have my
Edit: with a new background image
Bertil

vp_console.jpg.zip (79.2 KB)

Hi Henkka

You are right - it works fine in Firefox - but not in IE8 :? :?

Best regards,

Henrik

You are right - it works fine in Firefox - but not in IE8

aah, that damn excanvas.pack.js-file #-o
Just copy it from 3in1 to correct folder :wink:

henkka

Excanvas.pack.js included in zip now.

Bertil, looking great! Just little finetuning of wind-speed and viol

Hi Henkka

That did the trick!! Now its working :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks to all who have been involved in this great script.

Best regards,

Henrik

Help please.

I am getting there…but v slowly…I am not getting the data through at all (first it was the image now it is the data agghhhh)

I have both testags and clientraw going to the root directory at my website…what do I need to put in the relevant “settings” to point to these files…I have never understood this :oops: :oops:

so far the I have progressed to this

Make sure you edit both files…

Install: 2 paths in vp_console2.php [b]2 paths in jquery/jquery.console.js[/b]

Very nice. Where would I need to make changes to get the wind in mph, baro in mg, rain in inches, etc.?

Also need to move the scrolling vp forecast…see it in action: VP Console

Dan,

To convrt to F, in etc. you need to tweak in two places:
jquery.console.js - add needed conversations, for windspeed there are allready one in place for m/s, just change it
vp_console2.php - change the units in the html-code

scroller…ahaa… in the css-part, change #ajaxforecast { top: 279px; } to #cajaxforecast { top: 279px; }. Forgot to change that when renamed the id’s so they not are same as ajaxWDwd.js id’s.

Henkka

Thank you all for this impressing script!
Got it up and running at http://www.servicesenteret.as/weather/vpconsole.php and it’s just fantastic :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Regards
Ole-Chr
Aalesund - Norway

I don’t think I should have all the credits for this.

I did find the idea for this script here http://www.wilcowx.com/consoleindex.php (thanks Gary) from there, I have modified the script to the version that I use today on my page.

After that so have NBH @ [url=http://www.stenestads-vader.com]Stenestads V

NorCal Dan,

Around line 71 of the vp_console2.php script is the part needed to be changed. I had the same issue and now it is fixed.

Finally, but finally…sorted and working… :slight_smile:

@henkka

What do I have to change if I want to have the figures updating faster?

I did change this

var updates = 2;

but it don’t update any faster.

scroller-positining,
it was my miss there, one way to fix it is to change the id for span id=“cajaxforecast” to span id=“ajaxforecast”

Axelwold,
var updates is how many times it updates
var timeout is how often it updates
:slight_smile:

To about this script. It was a half-mistake it started looking like it do :lol:
Thanks to the jQuery-scripts i allready have in use on my site (gauges, graphs, AJAX) it was easy to copy/paste needed parts for it. jQuery is a damn powerful little javascript with lots of plugins, it do possible to do what most increadible things (from hobby-coder aspect).
Biggest “issue” was the numbers but after some Googling was it fixed too :slight_smile:
For Scandinavian users: Noted the digital font can’t write

The work done on this script has been tremendous, thanks to all. I was wondering if it would be possible to change the windspeed to display in km/hr, as well as having the time display in 12hr format, and the date format switched around as well.

Got it, thanks.

Now to figure out how to change the other stuff…not much time for playing. Is anybody working on porting this over to the Vue console? I had thoughts of giving it a go, but I don’t have a lot of time to invest…