When the wind is blowing but the direction isn't....

You could look out my window and easily tell that my wind direction was being registered wrong just by the way the leaves were going…

So the next logical step is to walk outside to check the station…

… Weather watching is for the birds!

This guy used to perch on the 8ft high windmill we have by the pond… The weather station stands higher than the windmill so he appears to have decided that we simply installed an upgraded perch for him…

I’m going to try and actually build a hawk perch that’ll stand about a foot higher than the weather station…I’m assuming that will deter him from perching where he doesn’t belong lol.

I wasn’t sure which forum was most appropriate for this post…sorry if this is incorrect place 8)

Wow, great pictures!

I'm going to try and actually build a hawk perch that'll stand about a foot higher than the weather station
If you make it an extension of the weather station pole be sure to position it so that the bird isn't going to poop in the rain gauge. I've had mine blocked by "bullseye".

wow, beautiful picture!

Why not just send Sampson out there to make some noise? :lol:

ROFL! He’s just a big chicken :stuck_out_tongue:

This morning we had two hawks out there… my weather station is in serious trouble if I don’t get a perch built soon. I’m just trying to figure out how to do so w/o offending the neighbors more than I already have with my polls et al lol

When I do erect the perch it’ll be several feet away from the station … let’s just hope they can read the signs that say “no perching” on the station when I do :slight_smile: