[Help] Provide Weather Data From Meteorological

Hi everyone,

I am a second high school student, and the computer class we are doing a project working with a weather station. The aim is to make a website that shows all the data with graphics, icons, etc.

The question of this topic is that I wanted to see an icon depending on time and stand made automatically based on data recorded by the station. I want to see if you can program it is raining for example, pressure and moisture content are very high (eg, a meteorologist, I have little). I would, of course, that the inaccuracies were as small as possible, so that there was an icon of rain and then is sunny.

Let me see if I can apply the following icons (I do not think I miss any):

• Sun
  • Sun Showers.
  • Rain.
  • Fog.
  • Hail (very rare in this area of Valencia (Spain), but I’d like to include.)
  • Snow (rare in this area of Valencia (Spain), but I’d like to include.)

A greeting and thank you very much!
Sorry for my poor english.

Hi Nimrod, welcome to the forum :smiley:

Can you give a little more information:

Have you already got the weather station connected to a computer?
Do you have a program like weather display installed to get the data off the station?

Most of us here use Weather Display to automatically upload data and icons to our web site - do you want to know how to set up weather display or are you unsure of where to start?

Don’t be shy about asking questions (no matter how silly you think they are) - there are lots of people who will gladly help you in your task.

Thanks for answering, Welly.

I have installed the weather station and up the data every 15 minutes. What I know is if there is any way to predict the weather at that moment through these data that the station gives me:

For example, not knowing weather I want to know if there is fog automatically:

Weather == Fog:
If <! - outsideHumidity → is> 60% and <! - barometer → is> 1040 mb

I hope I expressed myself correctly. Thanks for the help ^ ^

I think what you are looking for is to do some kind of prediction or forecasting based on information from your station. Some stations (like Davis ones) and some software will allow predictions to be made but its not forecasting that is much more complex. You can search the internet for simple ways to predict things like fog based on humidity temperature and wind speed for example but these are only predictions, sometimes they will be wrong either no fog when conditions do match or fog when the conditions don’t match. Again simple predictions based on barometric pressure can be made but are often not that accurate.

It is difficult to help much without knowing what make of weather station your have and what software you use to connect it to the PC.

Stuart

Yes, exactly, that’s the idea. Although I am aware that time is not always marked properly, yeah I’d like to see in a more or less accurate, given parameters. Is that what I ask here, the parameters to see if it’s sunny, if there is fog, if …

This is the weather station: http://www.davisnet.com/weather/products/weather_product.asp?pnum=06152

I give you other additional information:

• Temperature
    Distance to the nearest wall or floor: 2 m.
    Surface Type: artificial soil
    Height above street level: 12 m.
    Protection: Davis Garita
    Thermometer correction approved? NO

• Rain gauge
    Resolution: 0.2 mm.
    Diameter: 165 mm.
    Gauge correction approved? NO

• Anemometer
    Distance to the nearest wall or floor: 3 m.
    Height above street level: 13 m.

• Altitude above sea: 102m.

• More information about the city: http://toolserver.org/ ~ geohack/en/39_25_0_N_0_33_0_W_region: ES_scale: 100000_type: city? pagename = Puebla_de_Vallbona

Again, thank you very much!