Vue placement advice

Greetings, just purchased my first weather station last week, and have it temporarily mounted and working. I have a question regarding some site possibilities. Currently, the Vue is not uploading any data, mostly just for information and geek factor. I have 3 pics I took that show some ideas
Pic 1 is back of house, location 1 is North side - near furnace/water heater exhaust, also the AC unit is below - 20’+, location 2 is above deck, with concrete pad running pretty much the length of the back of the house, tree is around 25’ from peak.

Pic 2 is a shot of the shed on south end of property
Pic 3 shows current location of Vue looking west(usual prevailing wind) taken from back of house on concrete pad. Decent slope. Thanks for any ideas
Kevin

Is the shed upslope from the house? If so I would probably leave it there but try to get it higher with some tilt over arrangement so that you can easily get it down to maintain the rain gauge/battery.

http://home.comcast.net/~dshelms/CWOP_Guide.pdf

Take a look at page 31, there are some advices where it’s best to put the sensors.

The Vue limits choices since the sensors are all-in-one arrangement. Hard to tell from the pictures how close/tall the trees are from the house and shed. But given the choices I think I would go with picture 1 location 2. It appears to be the tallest location. But you will need to get the Vue far enough above the roof so you don’t get radiation heating from the shingles. If the shed would provide a taller location and has no tall trees nearby that might be a better location with less radiant heat problems.

Keep in mind that most of us face issues when mounting our stations and we do the best we can with what we’ve got…the 2 biggest problems I see with your location is wind shadow from the trees and possible radiant heat from the cement patio and shingles on the roof.

As Nico suggested, wherever you decide to mount the Vue make sure you will be able to access it later for battery replacement and normal upkeep/cleaning maintenance.