Thanks Niko

Panasonic BL-C140 arrived yesterday and thanks to your tutorials it is working, although not physically installed yet.

Couple of questions…the output image is only 425x363 but the input is 640x480 how to I increase the output size?

Having used the method that you described, where does wd webcamcapture fit inot the picture? I only have the one cam at the moment but plan on more when funds allow.

Rosalind

Output image of what? So far as I know the camera itself can’t produce a 425x363 image so I guess maybe you mean from WD?

Hi Niko, yes, sort of sussed it I think though. Cleared the downloads out and then set in the setup images and now get a 642x473 image. Still loads to learn about WD.

One other thing, I have now discovered that it is putting a time stamped image in my webfiles folder, didn’t start until a couple of hours ago. Anyway of stopping these?

Sorry, I don’t use WD’s webcam program so I can’t help you much with that part of it. Glad the camera is OK for you :smiley:

I also just installed the BL-C140A. :smiley:

To change the cameras output size open the camera in your web browser.
Go to the Setup tab.
Look down toward the bottom of the menu on the left and under “Advanced” you will see “Image Display”
Under “Single Camera” you can adjust the out put resolution.

Sorry, I don’t know how to stop the time stamped files. I just got mine working the way I like so I am not messing with it. :wink:

Niko,
Do you do any video streaming?

No, I don’t have the spare bandwidth to stream.

If you are grabbing a still image you can also pass the resolution in the URL used to access the image, e.g.

http://domain-or-IP-goes-here/SnapshotJPEG?Resolution=640x480&Quality=Clarity

That was going to be my first question - How much bandwidth does it take? I only have .5mps upload. I am thinking that is not enough.

That would be my guess too, but you need someone who is actually doing it to know for sure. Anthony/Fox_Of_The_Wind was testing streaming recently so maybe start a new thread (I don’t think the title of this one will attract many views) just for that question.