Webcam settings

I’ve been running a webcam using webcamxp and uploading .swf files for videolasthour and videoallday. I have everything working as far as file creation and uploads to my website. For smoother video I’m creating files every 30 seconds. It’s working from sun up to sundown as I desire. But I’m noticing a couple of things that have me stumped.
First, if I attempt to save disc space by unticking ‘create files at nighttime too’, the file creation reverts to 1 minute instead of 30 seconds.
Second, there is an upload of videoallday.swf taking place every night at 10:35 p.m. and I can’t understand why. It’s something I can live with I guess. But I just so happen to be working on the web every night at that time and a big file upload gets kind of annoying.
My settings are as follows:

1. webcam capture file save tab: capture to file in seconds is set to 30, time between startup if not keep live is set to 5 (default), run HTTP server is not checked (default), keep live is checked, file name jpegwebcam.jpg
  2. time stamped file setup: produce every minute is checked, webcam image for the graph mouse position is checked, use a jpeg image for the webimage at graph time is checked, every 30 second override is checked, create files at nighttime too is checked, file name is jpegwebcam.jpg
  3. webcam video setup: create video hourly (.mp4) and create video day (.mp4) are checked, Upload files to my webstie is checked, create last hour (.swf) and create last day (.swf) is checked, upload last hour and upload last day is checked, start/end time is NOT in override, filename is jpegwebcam.jpg.
    As I said, everything is working with these settings. If nothing else, I’d just be happy to stop that upload at 10:35 pm of the allday video. Any ideas? (sorry about the formatting but the text field is acting up)

Anyone know how to stop the all day swf upload at 10:35pm each night?

which version and build of WD?
post a screen shot of your all day video setup (using the latest version )

Version is posted in my signature
Screen shots are in the attachments
Files to upload*
Local files: C:\wdisplay\webfiles\noname.htm
Local files: C:\wdisplay\webfiles\nonamedial.gif
Local files: C:\wdisplay\webfiles\cloudheight.gif
Local files: C:\wdisplay\webfiles\conditionscolour.jpg
Local files: C:\wdisplay\webfiles\gizmo.gif
Local files: C:\wdisplay\webfiles\noname.gif
Local files: C:\wdisplay\webfiles\dailyhighlowbaroetc.gif
Local files: C:\wdisplay\webfiles\testtags.php
Local files: C:\wdisplay\webfiles\summary.gif
Local files: C:\wdisplay\webfiles\dirplot.gif
Local files: C:\wdisplay\webfiles\dirplotspd.gif
Local files: C:\wdisplay\webfiles\dirplot2.gif
Local files: C:\wdisplay\webfiles\curr24hourgraph.gif
Local files: C:\wdisplay\webfiles\curr48hourgraph.gif
Local files: C:\wdisplay\webfiles\curr72hourgraph.gif
Local files: C:\wdisplay\webfiles\forecasticon.gif
Local files: C:\wdisplay\webfiles\forecasticonstation.gif
Remote files: noname.htm
Remote files: nonamedial.gif
Remote files: cloudheight.gif
Remote files: conditionscolour.jpg
Remote files: gizmo.gif
Remote files: noname.gif
Remote files: dailyhighlowbaroetc.gif
Remote files: testtags.php
Remote files: summary.gif
Remote files: dirplot.gif
Remote files: dirplotspd.gif
Remote files: dirplot2.gif
Remote files: curr24hourgraph.gif
Remote files: curr48hourgraph.gif
Remote files: curr72hourgraph.gif
Remote files: forecasticon.gif
Remote files: forecasticonstation.gif
list of files uploaded*

Uploading C:\wdisplay\alldayvideo\videolastday.swf → videolastday.swf
FTPUPD.EXE finished at 10:35:37 PM 12/23/2010
Time taken = 1.65 minutes
Total bytes uploaded = 5711 K
Total bytes uploaded for the day = 102.20 Mb
Total bytes uploaded for the month = 311.26 Mb
list of files uploaded*

ADvideo.doc (80.5 KB)

TimeStamp.doc (57 KB)

use the latest version of WD (full install)
you are using an old version

I’m assuming you mean this?

Main Weather Display install file, new compiler version v10.37Q build 09

oh
your profile says otherwise, hence my assumption

Version is posted in my signature

for the videoallday.swf update
you will have set to create/upload that
unset that

(would help to post a screen shot of your all day video setup)

The screen shot is in the doc attachment in my last post. This site is not allowing me to post image links for some reason.

I can’t even find anything that creates an upload at 10:35 for alldayvideo. This is why I posted this question. The whole behavior of this webcam thing is whacky. Hence my reason for starting this thread.

I can’t tell if you are saying that my version is old and needs to be updated. I can’t even tell which version to update to. The download page lists ALL KINDS of versions and NONE that say FULL. There are terms like compiler version and I don’t know if that is relative to FULL or not.

For the record, I’m using 10.37P Build 87…the one I purchased for $70US

You can post links to an image on a website using the img tag:

[img]http://www.weather-watch.com/smf/Themes/weatherwatch/images/wwc-banner02.gif[/img]

I know…I’ve done it countless times before in other forums linking to Flickr. It doesn’t work for me here. And I’m tired of screwing around with it. My screen shots are in the doc files attached to a previous post.

Flikr can be linked on here but the forum doesn’t allow their html link code, you have to use the url of the pic (from their link code) and use the img tags.

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4125/5183526745_bcfddd2c0b.jpg[/img]

Evening sky, Nov 11 courtesy of foto footprints, on Flickr

Thanks. Now I need to figure out why I get an videoallday.swf upload every night at 10:35pm

I’m no expert in this area, so maybe I’m misunderstanding the problem in which case excuse me for trying to help, but on the first screen, in the “create swf instead” section you have checked “create last day” and “upload last day”. Isn’t that telling it to upload a daily .swf?

I can't tell if you are saying that my version is old and needs to be updated. I can't even tell which version to update to. The download page lists ALL KINDS of versions and NONE that say FULL. There are terms like compiler version and I don't know if that is relative to FULL or not.

For the record, I’m using 10.37P Build 8

you are using an old version

as I poste above, use the latest version

(i.e the full install from the download page (exit WD first))

Now we’re back to:

I’m assuming you mean this?

Main Weather Display install file, new compiler version v10.37Q build 09

If you shut WD down and all components, use the top downloader as it is a full installer version - works like a charm. You don’t have to do anything - accept the default folder location - provided you are using C:\wdisplay and it will restart very quickly.

TK

Forgive my ignorance here, but are you saying download the version that is at the top of list on the WD download page? “Main Weather Display install file, new compiler version v10.37Q build 09?”

Main Weather Display install file, new compiler version v10.37Q build 09 23.61 MB

at the top of the list.

TK

Thank you.

It’s still doing the upload after upgrading to 10.37Q Build09

Uploading C:\wdisplay\alldayvideo\videolastday.swf → videolastday.swf
FTPUPD.EXE finished at 10:35:55 PM 12/25/2010
Time taken = 1.60 minutes
Total bytes uploaded = 6275 K
Total bytes uploaded for the day = 139.90 Mb
Total bytes uploaded for the month = 339.55 Mb
list of files uploaded*