-39C in Finland

North Europes coldspell just get harder, a roadstation in north Finland reports -39C (-38F) tonight 8O
Several other stations are around -30C too on Nordic networks map…

My station average for December are 4C below offical normal so far and 7C below average for last 5 years Decembers and 4th coldest month of station history with a average of -7.6C as now and the forecasted -20C’s for next week will not rise it either…
In Helsinki they have 65 cm snow now (70 cm is alltime-record for December there)…

Getting cold in the Nordic :wink:

Average temperature for all 52 Finnish NWN-stations was this morning -24.0

cold.jpg

hard to imagine…here we are having a warmer than normal December
was 28C at home the other day (and with 22 C Dew Point)

[quote author=weatherc link=topic=48973.msg396010#msg396010 date=1293084615]
Getting cold in the Nordic :wink:

Average temperature for all 52 Finnish NWN-stations was this morning -24.0

Getting colder :smiley:

Average for the 50+ Finnish stations is -25.0C…Its for sure coldest average Nordic network have seen so far for one entire country…
To get to TOP10 of the coldest stations for today you need -29.0C or colder :lol:

For my own station/place…we are 5.3C below official longtime normal for december so far or 7.4C below my stations average for december…

cold2.jpg

Wonder if your going to hit the 60 below mark like they did at Fort Yukon, Alaska couple of days ago. Since then that clod air has moved to the east. Maybe headed your way. They are back upto 40 below zero now.

Alltime record for Finland is -54C and some decimals. Ex. the place where station are in top right corner in the last image is one of the places what have get below -50C, but that was before the pws-station was there (The station is a Peet Bros :D).
So 60 below may not be actual here but -40C or maybe -45C is really possible in north of the country if get a high pressure in right place and winds are from right direction :smiley:
For us here in south are below -30C possible. :smiley:

EDIT New record for “Dep from normal” for yesterday in WD’s climatereport: -16.8C 8O