Version 3 of Detail / Summary addon pages for WD-AJAX-PHP-USA

I will include a fix for this in the next update. But in the meantime you can change the start date in your snow detail file from Jan 1, 2009 to Dec 31, 2008 and 2009 will then display.

I made an update yesterday (Version 3 of Detail / Summary addon pages for WD-AJAX-PHP-USA - #15 by Murry_Conarroe - Custom Templates and Scripts - Weather-Watch Forum) to the wxreportinclude file to make a fix for IE7 buttons. From looking at your webpage, it looks like you do not have the new version. It may be related to your problem.

I made an update yesterday (http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/378107) to the wxreportinclude file to make a fix for IE7 buttons. From looking at your webpage, it looks like you do not have the new version. It may be related to your problem.

Tried that, still no luck in IE or Chrome but it still may be my settings. Gonna work on the errors tonight to see if that helps.

Got this page to validate and now lost the buttons in FF too! #-o

http://stillweather.com/wxtempdetail.php

Jack

Update: Reverted back to a way to get it to work, at least in FF for now.

Version 3.02 has an updated wsnowdetail.php that corrects the problem with the first year not showing in the dropdown under some conditions when using a calendar year instead of a seasonal year.

Download at Wildwood Naturist's Resort - Downloads

Hi Murray. I just installed the latest version ( 3.02). These are excellent! Thanks very much for all the work you have done on them.

One little thing I noticed: on the snowdetail and snowsummary reports, the title shows like this - “yearly snowfall summary ()”. As I’m using metric, I think “cm” should show within the parenthesis. There is probably a setting that I missed, but I can’t find it. The other reports are working perfectly. Any ideas?

Many thanks again, Arnie

The units of measurements are set in the settings.php of the template set.

The units of measurements used by the detail/summary scripts depends on the settings made in the settings.php of the template set. $SITE['uomTemp'] = '°F'; $SITE['uomBaro'] = ' inHg'; $SITE['uomWind'] = ' mph'; $SITE['uomRain'] = ' in'; $SITE['uomSnow'] = ' in'; These need to be set to match whatever units you are using.

I also noticed you have a link to barometric detail and summary files. But they return a 404 page not found error.

I must have an old settings.php file, it didn’t have the snow setting. I added it and all is well. Fixed the barometric link too. All my barometer readings are showing up in red, so I must have a setting problem with it too.

Much appreciated.

Each of the scripts have settings that you can customize to your climate. The default non-metric settings are what works for me.
The default metric settings were just a WAG by me. So those of the metric persuasion will most likely need to change the defaults.

It looks like you could change the range start from 900 to 980 and change the increment size from 10 to 5.
$barorange_start = array(29.75, 900);
$baro_increment = array(.05, 10);

Great! That looks pretty good but I’ll do some tuning on it.

Thanks again.

I noticed that your climatedataout files have your pressure readings in hPa. But your testtags have some barometer readings in kPa and some in hPa.
The testtag being used to display today’s value by the script is in kPa. I was not expecting it to be in different units than the climatedataout files.

So far I have not seen anyone else with this scenario. I will check further on this.

Murry
Upgraded from previous version w/out any problems.
http://cvweather.org/wxraindetail.php
Thanks

It is kPa on my main WD screen. I hadn’t noticed that before. So, I assume it should be kPa in settings.php.

Is there any way to avoid the narrow/wide css settings? It’s the only thing I can think of that kills my buttons on IE and Chrome for the detail pages.

That isn’t the problem. The problem is that the climatedataout files are in hPa units. But the barometer value in the testtags.php is in kPa.
Changing the settings.php won’t change that.

Sorry, I don’t understand your question. There is no logic in the scripts related to the narrow/wide settings. I thought about it once, but never used it do to IE.

When I did validations on your pages, there were a lot more errors on your detail pages than on your summary pages. I would suggest you try to get rid of the validation problems and see if it works then.

When I did validations on your pages, there were a lot more errors on your detail pages than on your summary pages. I would suggest you try to get rid of the validation problems and see if it works then.

Tried that last night and when I get it to validate, which was pretty easy, I lost the buttons in all browsers. My thought is something in the normal template for the Saratoga scripts is messing with my settings, i.e. I don’t use “main content”, so maybe my css is messing with the pages?

Thanks for looking though.

Version 3.03 is now available. It fixes a problem when the barometer reading in the testtags that is used for todays value is in kPa units. The scripts will convert the reading to hPa units to match the climatedataout files. The only files changed are the wxbarodetail.php and wxbarosummary.php.

Download

Hi
I have this latest version up and running, easy to install and another excellent script, thank you.
I have one issue which I don’t believe is the script but my data which I would like to see if some one can help solve. On the Barometric pressure pages, http://www.weybourneweather.co.uk/wxbarodetail.php and http://www.weybourneweather.co.uk/wxbarosummary.php all the data displayed is in inhg except for july this year which is showing in Mbs. I do have some data missing for july which I can’t seem to recover but I’m not to concerned about that it should be in Inches though. I have tried recreating the monthly NOAA report and Average and extremes page for July (which in WD are in inches) but it hasn’t changed. Help Please.
Phil

The barometer readings are obtained from the climatedataout files, not the dailynoaareport files. To recreate a climatedataout file, select View–>Averages/Extremes/Daily Noaa Reports. Select the Detailed Climate Report tab. Select the appropriate month and year. Then click the update month now button. A new climatedataout file will be created in your webfiles directory. For previous months it will have the month and year appended to the file name (i.e. climatedataout72010.html for July 2010). Then upload the file to your website.

But I do find it odd, that the headings of all your other climatedataout files have the units listed as being hpa when they are actually in inches.