Version 3 of Detail / Summary addon pages for WD-AJAX-PHP-USA

Yes, that’s what was happening. I should have paid more attention!!

On the wide version of the templates, my temp details and degree days details aren’t showing “full width”. Can this be changed so they’re wider?

Thanks

When I viewed your pages, all of them displayed at full width when the wide version was selected.

They don’t show with the full width and they are left aligned.

I have the same problem with my page degree detail.

This appears to be an Internet Explorer only problem (what a surprise). It works properly in Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, and Opera.
I will see if I can come up with something for those that insist on using IE.

From your climatedataout files it appears you do not have a solar or uv sensor. If so, why are you displaying the the Sunshine Hours, UV, and Solar Energy reports?

I’m preparing for my new station (VP2+) that will arrive tomorrow. :wink:

But what is the diffrent between the degree detail page and the rest of the pages?

None of the others have this problem.

Murry, first of all Great Script, thanks for sharing! I am making several changes as I do not use the standard web page but I have the basics working, just have to clean up some of the validation errors (caused by my page not yours). Anyway as far as the ‘IE’ issue it seems that the buttons disappear (for the detail pages only) using IE but are OK in FF. Not sure if it is related just wanted to let you know. My pages can be viewed here…http://stillweather.com/wxtempsummary.php Keep in mind it is still a work in progress! Thanks again!

Regards,

Jack

It looks like this problem have something to do with the temperature pages.
I have this problem on both temperature detail and degree detail pages, (all the others is ok)

An update (Version 3.01) is available to fix the problem of the Temperature and Degree Day detail pages not displaying full width on Internet Explorer when wide view is selected. The problem on the temperature detail problem had actually been around since version 1.x. It was related to a colspan setting.

The barometer detail and summary pages were also updated to include today’s data if the $show_today is set to true.

Update can be downloaded from http://weather.wildwoodnaturist.com/downloads.php

Thanks Murry, that did fix the problem.

Then I have just one issue left, and that is the snow report.

I cant get yera 2009 to show up in the list.

I have all the files on the server.

I will include a fix for this in the next update. But in the meantime you can change the start date in your snow detail file from Jan 1, 2009 to Dec 31, 2008 and 2009 will then display.

I made an update yesterday (Version 3 of Detail / Summary addon pages for WD-AJAX-PHP-USA - #15 by Murry_Conarroe - Custom Templates and Scripts - Weather-Watch Forum) to the wxreportinclude file to make a fix for IE7 buttons. From looking at your webpage, it looks like you do not have the new version. It may be related to your problem.

I made an update yesterday (http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/378107) to the wxreportinclude file to make a fix for IE7 buttons. From looking at your webpage, it looks like you do not have the new version. It may be related to your problem.

Tried that, still no luck in IE or Chrome but it still may be my settings. Gonna work on the errors tonight to see if that helps.

Got this page to validate and now lost the buttons in FF too! #-o

http://stillweather.com/wxtempdetail.php

Jack

Update: Reverted back to a way to get it to work, at least in FF for now.

Version 3.02 has an updated wsnowdetail.php that corrects the problem with the first year not showing in the dropdown under some conditions when using a calendar year instead of a seasonal year.

Download at Wildwood Naturist's Resort - Downloads

Hi Murray. I just installed the latest version ( 3.02). These are excellent! Thanks very much for all the work you have done on them.

One little thing I noticed: on the snowdetail and snowsummary reports, the title shows like this - “yearly snowfall summary ()”. As I’m using metric, I think “cm” should show within the parenthesis. There is probably a setting that I missed, but I can’t find it. The other reports are working perfectly. Any ideas?

Many thanks again, Arnie

The units of measurements are set in the settings.php of the template set.

The units of measurements used by the detail/summary scripts depends on the settings made in the settings.php of the template set. $SITE['uomTemp'] = '°F'; $SITE['uomBaro'] = ' inHg'; $SITE['uomWind'] = ' mph'; $SITE['uomRain'] = ' in'; $SITE['uomSnow'] = ' in'; These need to be set to match whatever units you are using.

I also noticed you have a link to barometric detail and summary files. But they return a 404 page not found error.

I must have an old settings.php file, it didn’t have the snow setting. I added it and all is well. Fixed the barometric link too. All my barometer readings are showing up in red, so I must have a setting problem with it too.

Much appreciated.

Each of the scripts have settings that you can customize to your climate. The default non-metric settings are what works for me.
The default metric settings were just a WAG by me. So those of the metric persuasion will most likely need to change the defaults.

It looks like you could change the range start from 900 to 980 and change the increment size from 10 to 5.
$barorange_start = array(29.75, 900);
$baro_increment = array(.05, 10);

Great! That looks pretty good but I’ll do some tuning on it.

Thanks again.

I noticed that your climatedataout files have your pressure readings in hPa. But your testtags have some barometer readings in kPa and some in hPa.
The testtag being used to display today’s value by the script is in kPa. I was not expecting it to be in different units than the climatedataout files.

So far I have not seen anyone else with this scenario. I will check further on this.