Version 3 of Detail / Summary addon pages for WD-AJAX-PHP-USA

Version 3 of the detail and summary reports is now available. Additional options have been added to the existing Temperature,
Rain, Wind, and Snow reports. Also now available are Barometric Pressure, Degree Days, Dew Point, Wetbulb,
Sunshine Hours, Solar Energy, and UV detail and summary reports.

A change that is common to all of the detail/summary files is the addition of two include files.
The wxreport-settings.php file has settings that are common to all of the detail/summary files such
as the paths to the dailynoaareport and climatedataout files.
It also has settings as to which links to other detail/summary reports are to be displayed on the various reports.
If you do not want a link to a specific report to show, set the show link option for that page to false.

If you rename any of the detail/summary files, update the appropriate filename settings to the new filename or the links
will not work.

If you want to change the text on one of the link buttons, update the appropriate button text setting.

The wxreportinclude.php file contains the logic as to which (if any) link buttons to display on the detail/summary reports
based on the settings you made in the wxreport-settings.php file. There are no settings to make in wxreportinclude.php.

A common css file (wxreports.css) is now used. But if you want to use different color schemes for different reports, you can use
a different css file. Just update the $css_file setting in the appropriate detail/summary file(s).

A new option available in the existing (and new) detail/summary files is to allow changing the number of possible colorbands
to be displayed up to a maximum of 30. Change the $increment setting in the individual detail/summary file as needed.
The default setting is 11 increments which provides 13 colorbands (one below the first increment and one over the last increment).
If you do increase the increments setting to more than 11, you will need to edit the css file to add the additional colorbands
yourself.
NOTE: There is no option to change increments in the wind and UV reports. The wind reports are matched to the beaufort scale and
the UV reports use the scale used by the EPA.

Each of the reports (except wind and UV) also have a option to set the values between increments manually.
This allows the increments to be non-linear (.1, .5, 1, 3, 5, 10, 15, etc). This is primarily useful for snow which can
have large variations.

A setting available in the snow, sunshine hours, solar, and UV scripts is for indicating when you first started recording
that type of data since you may not have been recording that data from the beginning of your climatedataout files.
The default setting is the date I started recording that data so you will need to update it with your information.

For those with solar and/or UV sensors, you will need to use a new template to include the solar and UV values in the
climatedataout files.
In the latest version of Weather Display, a climatedatasolaruv.html is included in the root directory.
Copy it to the webfiles directory and rename to climatedata.html and recreate the detailed climate reports for the months that
you have been using the solar/UV sensors. A copy of the climatedatasolaruv.html template is also included with the zip file of
the detail/summary files.

If you do not have a solar or uv sensor, there is no point in displaying the Sunshine Hours, Solar Energy, or UV reports as they will have no data to display.

The units of measurements used by the detail/summary scripts depends on the settings made in the settings.php of the template set.
$SITE[‘uomTemp’] = ‘°F’;
$SITE[‘uomBaro’] = ’ inHg’;
$SITE[‘uomWind’] = ’ mph’;
$SITE[‘uomRain’] = ’ in’;
$SITE[‘uomSnow’] = ’ in’;
These need to be set to match whatever units you are using.

Example
Download

Murry, great work as always.

Simple to install, just changed a few settings, and it was working. Thank you for all of your hard work and effort. =D>

I have them running and working great.

http://eastmasonvilleweather.com/wxtempdetail.php
http://eastmasonvilleweather.com/wxtempsummary.php

P.S. Just installed the solar and UV sensors today, great timing on the script.

-Dennis

Murray knocks it out of the park!!

Great job and thanks

Got it running here
http://www.sunprairieweather.com/wx_temp_detail.php

Thanks a lot for the update Murry, really appreciate it, looks like its working ok apart from the
snow, well it is but its showing 1cm for 27th and 28th, but its only input for the 27th in WD
and total for this season is 1.0cm, Todays depth is about 0.1cm so im wondering if its this that
it thinks is 1.0cm?

Hi Murry. Got it installed. Have 1 issue with the solar, dewpoint, wetbulb & baro:

Warning: Division by zero in /home/content/c/n/y/cnyweather/html/wxsolarsummary.php on line 233

Warning: Division by zero in /home/content/c/n/y/cnyweather/html/wxbarosummary.php on line 254

Warning: Division by zero in /home/content/c/n/y/cnyweather/html/wxdewpointsummary.php on line 252

Warning: Division by zero in /home/content/c/n/y/cnyweather/html/wxwetbulbsummary.php on line 255

http://www.cnyweather.com/wxtempsummary.php?

Tony 8)

You are using the default climatedata.html template which does not have solar or UV data. You should also update the $start_year, $start_month, $start_day variables in the solar, sunshine hours, and uv scripts to use the date you start recording those values instead of using the default which is the date I installed my solar and uv sensors.

For the dewpoint, wetbulb, and barometric scripts it looks like you set 2005 as your first year of climatedata files, but you have none until 2006.

For those with solar and/or UV sensors, you will need to use a new template to include the solar and UV values in the climatedataout files. In the latest version of Weather Display, a climatedatasolaruv.html is included in the root directory. Copy it to the webfiles directory and rename to climatedata.html and recreate the detailed climate reports for the months that you have been using the solar/UV sensors. A copy of the climatedatasolaruv.html template is also included with the zip file of the detail/summary files.

The snow for the 27th comes from the climatedataout.html file which shows 1.0 cm. The snow for the 28th (today) comes from the $snowtodaycm value from the testtags which shows:
“$snowtodaycm = ‘1.0’; // Snow for today cm”

The testtags will probably correct itself tomorrow.

It also looks like you do have the $SITE[‘uomSnow’] set in your settings.php file.

You also need to use the new climatedata template that includes the solar and uv readings and adjust the start dates in the sunshinehours, solar, and uv scripts to when you start recording that data.

For those with solar and/or UV sensors, you will need to use a new template to include the solar and UV values in the climatedataout files. In the latest version of Weather Display, a climatedatasolaruv.html is included in the root directory. Copy it to the webfiles directory and rename to climatedata.html and recreate the detailed climate reports for the months that you have been using the solar/UV sensors. A copy of the climatedatasolaruv.html template is also included with the zip file of the detail/summary files.

I was never good at following directions. Just ask the wife.

Only issue I have is on the barometer now Murry

Warning: Division by zero in /home/content/c/n/y/cnyweather/html/wxbarosummary.php on line 254

CNYWeather.com - Barometric Pressure?

Thanks for the great script!

whoopsy, i uploaded that to my server (climatedatasolaruv.htm) Thats what you get for NOT reading
the instructions as thoroughly as they should be pmsl…

I will see what shows up tomoz for the snow, thanks Murry…

For the dewpoint, wetbulb, and barometric scripts it looks like you set 2005 as your first year of climatedata files in the wxreport-settings.php file, but you have none until 2006.

It also appears that you do not have the $SITE[‘uomBaro’] = ’ inHg’; set in your settings.php file. This causes the script to assume your pressure is in mb instead of inches and displays the wrong scale.

Murry,

Another great piece of work!!

I am having one strange thing though, sometimes the detail buttons actually call up the dummary reports, i.e. if I go to the temperature details report and click the rain details button, the rain summary is what comes up. I must be missing something but can’t figure out where.

http://www.daltongeorgiaweather.com/wxtempdetail.php

Anyway, thanks again for all you hard work.

Murry,

My bad. I see now that some reports have the summary buttons as the “top” row and some have the summary buttons as the “bottom” row.

I could not duplicate this. On summary reports, the summary buttons are listed first then the detail buttons. On detail reports, the detail buttons are listed first and then the summary buttons. If you are switching back and forth between detail and summary reports it is easy to hit the wrong button if you are not paying attention. I suspect that is what happened.

Excellent Murry! Thank you for sharing all your hard work, great addition to my site http://www.medfieldweather.com/wxtempdetail.php .

I have made an update to the wxreportinclude.php file so that the buttons linking to other scripts would work properly for those unfortunate to be using IE7.

The zip file has been updated with the new version. But if you have already installed you may want to just install the attached version of the updated file. Rename from wxreportinclude.php.txt to wxreportinclude.php.

There are no user settings that need to be set in the file.

wxreportinclude.php.txt (4.52 KB)

Yes, that’s what was happening. I should have paid more attention!!

On the wide version of the templates, my temp details and degree days details aren’t showing “full width”. Can this be changed so they’re wider?

Thanks

When I viewed your pages, all of them displayed at full width when the wide version was selected.

They don’t show with the full width and they are left aligned.

I have the same problem with my page degree detail.

This appears to be an Internet Explorer only problem (what a surprise). It works properly in Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, and Opera.
I will see if I can come up with something for those that insist on using IE.

From your climatedataout files it appears you do not have a solar or uv sensor. If so, why are you displaying the the Sunshine Hours, UV, and Solar Energy reports?

I’m preparing for my new station (VP2+) that will arrive tomorrow. :wink:

But what is the diffrent between the degree detail page and the rest of the pages?

None of the others have this problem.