WXSIM Major Issues...

“When it rains it pours…” :slight_smile:

All of a sudden I am getting the “It appears that another copy of WXSIM is running” message. There is none.

And…

“It appears that you do not have a printer installed” message. I follow the instructions to ass a printer but can never get past these two messages.

I did reinstall the program to no avail.

Any help is appreciated as always!

Al

re: another copy running. I happens when wxsim does not shut down correctly. Go to where wxsim is installed look for file another copy running. delete that line. Chuck

The problem is there is no other wxsim running. Tom said to try another version of wxsim but so far I didn’t. Sometimes wxsim is working properly . It looks like it depend of the wxsim mate data being downloaded. Sometimes the problem is fixed by just restarting the. Computer.

WxSim creates a file named alreadyopen.txt in the wxsim folder and places a “1” in it when WxSim starts up and then a “0” in it when it successfully shuts down. The problem happens when you’re running in automatic mode and WxSim fails to shut down normally for some reason because a “1” is left in that file. I made a bat file to simply delete that file prior to each run and everything works fine.

• Jim

With the “another copy is running”, simply click “OK” and it asks you if you want to continue anyway.
If you continue then WXSIM will start and let you run a manual auto-run, then it will close correctly and be fine next time.

The printer problem is a re-boot job, from what I’ve found.
I’ve been getting both of these over the last couple of weeks and I’ve not found another way around the “printer not found”, other than a reboot.

I have a tentative update (version 12.8) available at

www.wxsim.com/wxsim.exe

That’s just the main executable. Use it to replace the 12.7.5 you probably have. I think it will fix the problem.

Let me know if that takes care of it.

Tom

Tom - I’ve had a trouble free run since I installed the 12.7.6 a while back - thanks. Nine runs a day every two hrs. Installed on Sept 26.

Graeme

Tom,

I took a power surge here and the registration and my location file are corrupt/missing. I probably have the file in another location, but I can’t remember what it was called.

Ed Hall
Fulton, MO

Thanks

Hi Ed,

Let me know if you can’t find it, and I can send you the zip file I originally sent on August 28, 2009. It was called “fulton.zip” in case you might have saved it somewhere.

Tom