WXSIM Temperature Question...

Hello,

I am noticing that WXSMI12 shows a temperature (currently) of 56.8 degrees when in actuality it is 41 degrees. A forecast was just run and still no change. It seems to be “stuck” with this number. Something must be wrong somewhere, does anyone have any suggestions?

When you launch WXSIM12 it is the temperature in blue on the left side of the screen just left of the wind chill figure.

Thanks!

Al
www.BarrowCountyWeather.com

I belive that is your avarage temp for this time of year. Those are numbers that Tom installed when he made a custom layout for you. Those numbers change only when you download from wxsimate.
Chuck

Hello,

Same thing I’ve noticed myself a few days to me is locked at 41.18 F degrees.
Also in WXSIM not know what files need to be added to Cull / Append.
Can someone help?

Thanks

Marian

http://wwww.celin-web.com/wdisplay/wxindex.php

Chuck,

You said “Those numbers change only when you download from wxsimate.” I think that is where the problem may be, it does not change.

Thanks!

Al

Data are taken from WXSIMATE

You will only see the change when you are not in auto mode. Run in start mode. download local and you will see the curent temp.
The files to cull are in your custom setup that Tom did for you. Hope this helps.
Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Well something is amiss :slight_smile: I run in both Full Start and Auto Run and the temperature never changes.

I also notice that in WXSIMATE when I import local data both the temperature and humidity values are “way” under. Other values are correct.

Thanks for your assistance!

Al

That is strange. Those readings come from the WD log. Try checking that log.
Chuck

dailylog.txt shows correct temp
102010lg.txt shows correct temp

run the import on WXSIMATE and get a temp that is about 5 degrees lower.

???

Al

Al,

I think the answer is in your screen cap above. WxSimate is showing an effective time of 8:55 when you were actually making a run much later. I just had a similar thing happen (mine was showing 11:59 pm) and I think WxSimate is having trouble reading my WD log file for some reason. Until I figure that out, I’ve de-selected “Import Local Station Data” in WxSim so that I get a reasonable time to show up in my plaintext.txt file.

• Jim

Ok, I figured out what was wrong with my log file. I had converted my Oct datafile to logfile this morning and WD added zeros to the hours (e.g. 07) where they are normally logged without the zero. This apparently confused WxSim because I removed those zeros and now it works normally.

I suppose either WD or WxSim should be modified to handle this? Probably WD since it normally logs without the zeros.

• Jim

Thanks to all for your suggestions, I believe things are working correctly.

Al