Weather Display and Android?

what if you had it on the last line, where the date/time is?

I guess it could go there. But then I find it useful to see the last update date/time to check the data is up to date.
I could make the last line configurable. But there isn’t really an end to the configuration I could allow and there are so many data items I could show on the widget and make them all configurable. Hopefully it’s got the main ones that most people want. A few months ago I was adding things as people suggested them, and it was a lot of work and time. These days I’d rather wait and see if a whole bunch of people are asking for the same feature before implementing it. Recently I’ve noticed I get people emailing me asking for this feature or that feature, but everyones feature seems to be unique. Like yesterday somebody was asking if I could show rainfall for the past month, or the past day. Yes, I probably could get this working, but it would be a fair bit of effort, and no-one else has asked for it.

Sorry to ramble on like this, I just wanted to explain properly. I guess the widget is in a ‘maintenance phase’ at the moment, as I haven’t got time to work on it much at the moment.

understand completly
the barometer reading is not so important to me
happier to see whats there already instead :slight_smile:

I wonder if you can help me with an issue I am picking up. My solar is at 95%, which is reporting CLR in WUnderground and on other areas where my data is picked up. However on the widget its reporting overcast and gloomy/dry during daylight hours. In the evening/overnight, it gives a correct reading.

that comes from WD, via the solar description
check what you have set for the solar descriptions for each threshold in the solar setup

I finally got a bit of motivation and time to add another small thing to the widget. I’ve added the option of a pressure graph as a background (existing options being wind, rain and temperature). I had a request or two from users over this and it was relatively straightforward to add today. The only difference with the pressure graph is that I had to fix the Y axis values to sensible minimum and maximum values (otherwise the graph always looks flat). The Y axis on the other graphs is dynamic in that it adjusts to the values in the plot.

This may be a question better suited to the general Weather Display topic as the data is produced by Weather Display. The only thing I can think of is that you may be overriding the sky conditions from your metar station. Otherwise, do a search as I’m sure I’ve seem posts recently about this issue

Sorry I cant be of more help at the moment.

pcanalyst,do you have the max solar for lat/long set correct?
post a screen shot of that

Small update to the weather watch widget:

Added the option of showing the wind speed in the notification bar. This shows up as a windsock icon with a little number indicating the wind speed on the Beaufort scale.

Another small update:

You now have the option of having both the current temperature and the wind speed (Beaufort scale) in the notification bar. Previously I thought it was possible to have only one or the other.

Link, in case it’s helpful:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.autumnit.android.weather.widget.Free

Another small update:

v8.6
Fixed bug in graph when rain units = inches.
Station list updates.
Added option for rain (precipitation) notification. Displays one of 3 rain icons (depending on rain intensity) in notification bar if there has been rain in the last hour.

Link to new version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.autumnit.android.weather.widget.Paid

New update to the Android Weather Watch widget:

v9.2
Enabled multiple widgets for different stations with their own settings. ** please note, you will need to re-save your settings! **
Removed kelvins from temperature options.
Added background graphic to show when data is updating.
Updated the geographical database of stations.
Added ‘indoor temperature’ to the list of items to display.
Added option to set the timeout values for retrieving the data.
Bug fixed where graph background was lost with data retrieval timedout out.

The multiple widgets thing involved a fair amount of work ‘under the hood’, but the widget still looks the same.

If anyone has any suggestions for it, please let me know. I occasionally have time and inspiration to change the odd thing on it.

This is now (at last) possible from version 9.2 onwards.

Just to confirm the link to the widget:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.autumnit.android.weather.widget.Paid

or search for “autumnit” on the Android market.

It would be really handy if anyoen could confirm the latest version is working for them. I have had 2 reports of problems, but I can’t recreate them.

Hi

I upgraded (vers. 9.2) last night and just few minutes ago (vers. 9.5) both versions is working perfect on my Samsung Galaxy S2

Best regards,

Henrik

Thanks Henrik, much appreciated.

Hi mate,

You created a great widget, thank you! :slight_smile:

And surely I have a few suggestions:

1.) can the temperature and rain color be changed since red doesn’t work with my background? I need to set the background to transparent or the photo of my wife wont be visible.
2.) can the gust speed be changed to last 10 or 15 minutes?
3.) can the widget also be shown on the lock screen so I don’t have to open the main screen every time I wont to see the values
4.) can you build in an option that the values refresh every time you unlock the phone or go into the Lock Screen if question 3 could be done?

I mean making these things optional in Options.
That would be fantastic!

Thank you kindly.

Cheers
Scirocco

Reviving an old thread here, but fyi I have posted an update to my Android weather widget https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.autumnit.android.weather.widget.Paid

I’ve added the option to display Heat Index and Wind Chill.

Other than that it’s the same as it was 3 years ago! Sorry for not being more active with updates to it :frowning: