Weather Display and Android?

I like it. I have a light blue background with the android thing on it… so this really helps out.

Much better. Personally, I could do without the white border as it strikes me as somewhat non-standard but that’s definitely a low priority wish.

New update: a larger widget version is available and I’ve fixed a bug where the opaque background was disappearing sometimes if you connected your device to USB. To find the larger widget just install the upgrade and there is a new (large) widget listed in the list of widgets.

One user has reported that the temperature no longer displays on their widget since installing version 3.2. Please let me know if you have experienced this problem. Cheers.

mine is fine. Sometimes the android doesn’t sync with the clientraw.txt . that is has something to do with reception.

Mine is displaying fine as well.

My house has a lot of dead zones that affect transmissions. However, I really like this function.

Davis has an app for their weatherlink.com, of course it is for the Iphone. I asked them when will they have one for the android and got the royal “duh”.

However, this application solves the problem. I am very happy for it.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
I’m sure something odd has happened with the latest version as 3 people have bought the paid for version today and then cancelled shortly afterwards. Really difficult to work out what’s up.

well, they may have changed their minds, but… it is a good product

Yes, fair point. But I’ve only had 13 cancellations in total since launch at the beginning of May. Never more than one in a day. You might be right though.

People reading this with the latest version and it’s working ok, could you post what your device is?

Mine is working just fine.

I have a Droid X. My carrier is Verizon and I definitely can see everything that is there.

As a side note, perhaps the cancellations were that people bought it, saw that it does need to attach to clientraw and didn’t have a weather station or weather display software so they downloaded the wrong product.

In any case, it is worth the $1.11, cheaper than a gallon of gas, a happy meal at McD’s but 7 cents more than the 4th of July chicken special at Burger King.

Maybe the folks on this site can promote it

It works fine for me on my Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S) and it’s a great value.
jp

Got the free one going to check it out. I think I could get people to install it for my
site, but the drawback may be having to type in the long url for clientraw. That
would be the only issue I would see.

Galaxy 2s working fine here…

I finally worked it out. The problem was reported by a chap in Sweden. It was related to the fact that they use commas for decimal points. Now fixed in version 3.3.

cny: I take your point about typing in the long URL. People could use copy and paste maybe? I would have thought that most Android phones have that function. Or maybe you could use one of these URL shortening sites like tinyurl? (I’ve just tested this and it works).

Tiny URL good suggestion. Thanks!

Small update done: small changes to (hopefully) improve landscape layout and the layout on large screen devices. Also added an ‘about’ screen.

Works fine now in portrait and landscape on my stock but rooted Droid 1.

Also works fine on my Nook Color running CM7 in portrait mode. The contents of the widget still shifts right in landscape mode, though. But the contents is still wholly within the bounds of the widget background so is much better than the last version.

Good to know - thank you.

Another small update:
I have added a list of weather stations in the options screen. Currently only 2 weather stations in the list but if you want your included please let me know and I’ll add it.
Also added an email link to the ‘about’ page.