advanced charts

it seems that the built in to the component function to save user customisation (the .tee files) are not working very well
instead, I think its best to not use that
but instead allow customisation based on code I add to WD
post here what customisation you would like to see
(e.g axis placement, x axis label alignment, 3D or not 3D options, colours of axis, etc
)

Brian,
The

the problem you have is to do with the chartrain.tee file
delete that from the datafiles folder

this is what I am trying to avoid, this problem with the .tee customisation files

Brian,
Been there, done that, it does not change the fact, that the files will not save, for FTP. I have NO *.tee files, it will not save the chage, i.e.
Steve

just a did test here
the rain chart upates and uploads OK
using the the time set in the customise internet and file creation setup,file #46
after ticking to update the rain chart for the internet in the advanced charts

in build 96

and the average rain is plotted OK
see:

No Sir,
Just down loaded your most resent update 96, went to View, advanced Graphs, the first to come up is the rain. Clicked on save, in both places, with NO modification, the second pic you see, is when I exited, went back, and as you can see no save with the average.
Brian, I have tried many times to get this to save, for example, I have tried to change the

1_Capture.JPG

2_Capture.JPG

Brian,
Again in your latest b96, there is NO option 46? If there is, (not in the download) what happen to 45 which was the advanced graphs?
Thanks
Steve

I meant #45

do not click on save
(I presume you mean save customisation)

that is the problem

clicking on save, creates the .tee file
which is the problem

delete the created chartrain.tee file, in the data files folder, that you have created by clicking on the save button

Just click on OK buttons only, to save settings

I managed to get the problem with the rain chart fixed when saving customisation
(i just needed to get the correct of loading the saved customisation .tee file)
in build 97 .zip update, ready now

Brian,
Build 97 (ZIP), yes, the rain chart is now working as it should. Clarification, the there are 3 options to save the file, [u]I do not see an

Brian,
After working with the rain chart, I moved on to the next advanced chart, Temperature chart, had it plot the year, all went well, until I exited the charts function, when back, the rain chart was just as I had left it, but the temperature had to be re-plotted. Not really a problem, it did save the custom title, etc. The same applies with the wind direction plot, had to reload the data, and click on year, which is what I saved.

Since the rain chart seems to remember, possibly the same could apply the other charts (instead of being blank, repload last saved, just like you have the rain)

There is a problem with the Temperature trend, it does not save / remember, but what is a chore is the data. For example, the chart starts with the year 2000. My data starts in 2007. I went into the data area, deleted all dates between 2000 and 2007, and saved. But exit the charts, go back in, and it starts again in 2000.

This chart will not save like the rest, could you take a look at this, as each day when the chart is made, it will have years of zero (0) data that may not exist. If it would save the custom settings, and the data, all would be fine.

Tried the solar chart, it was working, but not saving, as of build 97, nothing can be plotted.
Thanks for looking at these.
Steve

note that plotting problems only occur if you click on save customisation

if you delete the .tee files in the data files folder and then do not click on save customisation, then there should be no plotting problems

which is why I started this thread, to look into not using the components built in customisation save/load and instead add in ability to select certain customisation only

selecting other custom options like which data to plot, which data logging interval, the internet selections, are all saved without having to click on save customisation (which only is to save the direct graphing editing via the edit button along the tool bar along the bottom of the graph)

Thanks!
I have deleted the .tee files as you stated above, when back to all charts, and yes, the charts do plot.

HOWEVER, as stated above, The temperature trend, has data dates, i.e. starting in 2000. I deleted them from the data section of that chart, it will not save the deleted dates, nor will it save custom changes.
Aside from the Rain, none of the other charts are retaining changes.

Thanks for the instructions on getting the other charts to plots, aside from the rain chart, need direction on getting changes made in the other charts to store / save.

Brian,
Please check the ftp on the solar graph, I have the charts set for midnight to be made & FTP (last night they worked, prior to build 97), however, today I did a couple uploads, all but the solar are ftp’ing.
Thanks
Steve

Hi Brian,
Just downloaded the full install build 97. In your remarks of version change, I noticed:

windy

To answer your first post, I have been working with the WeatherData tab to try and produce monthly graphs like those attached. For a set of defaults I am liking:

2D rather than 3D (for some reason moving/resizing a 2D graph makes it instantly switch back to 3D again - bug?)
Y-Axis on Left, in black with evenly formatted decimal places where appropriate
Legend along bottom
X-Axis: currently rotated thru’ 90 deg to allow the labels “room to breathe”; but I’d prefer the Days of the Month to be labelled simply as “1, 2, 3, … 28, 29, 30, (31)” etc. Repeating the word “Day” in each label is not necessary and using randomly Day/Hour points as label seems bizarre.

Also, at present the Wind Gust data series does not seem to be plotting

Thanks
Nigel

Hi Brian,
The

Hi Brian,
Hope you had a great quality time with the Children on your trip, welcome back.

I want to withdraw one issue with the advanced charts, with respect to being able to delete certain years from the weather temperature graph, as I have found a way to scale it in the settings.

My biggest problem is with the