Custom WD Main Screens

yes you can
via the language.ini file
see under setup, language setup…

Thanks Brian!

I am guessing, like the others I am forgetting an important step, although i do not know yet what that might be.

I cannot get the dials to look like yours (blue) nor can I get the graphs to look like yours. I have the new layout, but colors are as I originally had them. Is there a step I am missing in the customization to get the graphs, dials to look like yours?

Are you talking about mine, or someone elses?

I guess I am referring to WNCweather.net (Steve’s) look. Looks similar to yours but has blue faced dials and a smoother looking graph… or is this the added feature Windy put in for the additional cost… It has been a while. Regardless, I do not have the black background like yours even. My colors stay the same.

There’s no additional cost to change the main display. Anyone can use anyone elses main display settings if they post them.

When you replaced the settings from the first post, was WD shut down, and did you also double click the wdisplayftp.reg file before you restarted?

To answer your questions:

YES: WD was shut down prior to running/activating the .reg file. Windows show new settings accepted/installed. Rebooted machine then started WD. The new layout is fine including the custom labels. Only thing is the graphs, originally set colors and Wind dials remain the same look as before the new registry edits were added.

Greetings!
I changed the dials through the control panel, “colours”, I change it from time to time, post a screen shot of yours, possibly we can get you where you want to be, Same with the background, change that through the control panel. Since I posted that, I have changed it a few time…

Steve,

Thank for replying. I was going to say the same thing. I did the reg add but I had to go into the cutomizer to make detailed changes.

v/r,

Greg

Here is my screenshot. It is via a remote connection thus why you do not see all the graphs etc. Please advise how to set the graphs and dials in the customizing menu as I am not real familiar with that area of WD.

You can customize the graphs, in the same place, where the dials colour is changed, this time, click on graphs, go throught that setup. To resize, now be careful, go to setup, click on advanced, then advanced/misc., main screen custom. Use the enable, move, resize option, but be careful, make the size of the graphs the way you want, then go back to the custom window and hit save, only when you have it the way you want it.

as I am not real familiar with that area of WD.

Suggestion: take the time to to throught all settings, get to know them, before trying to do custom settings.

I changed mine just with the ‘resize, move’ control.

I’m trying to use some of these but a lot of things are just completely out of place. For instance on WNCweather.net’s settings, my forecast scroller is at at the far right overlapping the rain rate which the rain data is clipped off the edge of WD. For those who are posting your screen setups, what screen resolution are you guys running?

Can you post a screenshot showing the issue?

Im using 1920x1080 res.

I used to run 1024x768 but changed to 1280x1024 on the server to see the custom screens. The server is set to autologon my “Weather user” and I admin the machine using RPD which “shadows” that user (eg takes over control of the console).

Here is a modified screenshot with the items in question circled and noted.

Also playing with the screen size helps a little but that setting doesnt seem to be “remembered”.

K3JAE
what is the chance of you posting the text file, so i can upload and have a play about?

Paul03
same question as above to you, can you post test file?

One option.
http://www.ulsteinvikweather.com/uw/ulsteinvik.gif
This is done thrue setup meny in wd.
1920x980 res used on a 63 inch tv.

Here’s my layout…

it looks like this patterns is common for a lot on people…MaybeBrian could fix it as the default layout :stuck_out_tongue: hehehe

Long time no…posts…

so heres my latest one hehehe :wink: