Custom WD Main Screens

Shut down WD before making any changes to these files, and make backups to any files before making any changes.

Attached is a file called “custom-main-screen”. Replace what Is in this file, with what is in your “wdisplayftp.reg” This file can be found Under wdisplay, data backup. Then click “Save”

Once complete, Double click on the “wdisplayftp.reg” file

If you plan on using the webcamimage, you may need to change the directory path in that file, Mine is set to D:\

custom-main-screen.txt (21.7 KB)

I copied the part to my wdisplayftp file but it made no difference to my main screen :?

Did you close WD first, then do the changes then exit Regedit or boot the .reg file and then finally restart WD?

you need to load the update wdisplayftp.reg file into the registry (double click on it)
when WD is not running

I did not double click the registry file, that worked.

Glad you got it working.

Thanks for sharing your custom main screen! It has been rather interesting to customize my screen; you gave me a great start, thanks.
Steve

YW… Once you get yours done, if you wouldnt mind sharing your file, Please post it along with a screenshot.

Not sure, I will ever finish, it is a work in progress. The main screen is not published on my web site, so below is what I want to see (for now).
Again, thanks for getting me off to a great start!
Steve

I like it - have you got a template for that?

Help required… cant for the life of me work out how to edit the regedit ???

you can get WD to export the registry settings (see under action, update windows registry entry now)
then double clicking on that .reg file will re import it
if you wanted to use someone elses template

Greetings!
Yes, below is the current screen capture, and attached to this message, are the settings, used in wdisplayftp.reg.
Word of caution, be sure to back up your files, before making the change.

Steve

main_screen_custom.txt (22.3 KB)

Hi
having a few problems getting this loaded as well. can any one post an idiots guid please?

Keith

Did you follow the instructions in the first post? Not sure what part your having problems with.

Hi
in simple terms, all of it. i can not find the wdisplayftp file that is mentioned, nor do i understand how to edit it to get the new file loaded. computers are simple not me.
have looked at instruction posted by windy, to exsporting reg setting does not appear in my version of WD (the latest version).
also, the files postsed seem to be text files.

keith

Im updating the instructions on the first post… Give me a few mins.

thank you

Updated… Hope this helps.

Hi
yes, understand how to do the update, but nothing changes, once i have done so.
when you say repalce what is in x file, with what is in y file, do you mean delete contebts of origional file and replace with data from your file? if so, this is what i have done, and nothing happens.

Keith