Forum etiquette and politeness (Part 2)

I understand some of the frustrations referred to in the above post, they can affect many folk here not just new ones.

One of the problems in being expected to help is that this is closed software and we do not have access to any code which could be reviewed in order to make helpful suggestions. I and I know others who do help as often as we can especially if we have seen the problem before and perhaps it could be related to setup installation other software or hardware, and if we see new folks who dont provide all the likely required information we chip in to ask for it and save Brian some time. But the other problem is that often we are not around, or we dont read all the posts but only those with a title which might mean we could help.

It is a fact of life that when you only have one developer (who works his butt off) and there are only 24 hours in a day and he needs his sleep and he has a life, then sometimes it can take ages for him to get round to looking at problems, some times this can be days or even a week or more. It must also be remembered that the one payment you make gets support for ever, how many new releases of Microsoft OSs do you get for free?

Stuart