updateweatherstation*.htm files

Just ran CClean about 15 minutes ago and it cleaned out a bunch of junk.
For some reason I’m getting hundreds of updateweatherstation*.htm files being created with just

success

in each one of them. After 24 hours it is thousands of 1K files. Anyone know where these files are coming from? I thinking it is from WD, just not sure from which section of WD to turn off if possible.

Internet Explorer - Temporary Internet Files	184 KB	1,115 files
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\AHWIHYYC\updateweatherstationCA0GDLKK.htm	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\AHWIHYYC\updateweatherstationCA0HDE5V.htm	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\AHWIHYYC\updateweatherstationCA0HIXKP.htm	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\AHWIHYYC\updateweatherstationCA0I44W5.htm	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\AHWIHYYC\updateweatherstationCA0JI5DG.htm	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\AHWIHYYC\updateweatherstationCA0JQY36.htm	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\AHWIHYYC\updateweatherstationCA0NL2JY.htm	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\AHWIHYYC\updateweatherstationCA0NMA9A.htm	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\AHWIHYYC\updateweatherstationCA0O1GME.htm	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\AHWIHYYC\updateweatherstationCA0O9UZS.htm	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\AHWIHYYC\updateweatherstationCA0Y5633.htm	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\AHWIHYYC\updateweatherstationCA0ZZ7T5.htm	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\AHWIHYYC\updateweatherstationCA12MMPB.htm	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\AHWIHYYC\updateweatherstationCA14DZRV.htm	1 KB

I can tell you that “updateweatherstation” is part of the WU URL for rapid fire so if you use that it could have something to do with it.

I stopped using WU rapid fire a few months back, using VP Live for that. Unless VP Live is causing those files?

I’m no expert but I thought that only a browser would write to the temp internet files directory. Do you have any web widgets or anything like that running?

That is what I thought also :oops: , no widgets running here. I don’t use IE that often maybe only once a week, my main browser is FF.

Is VPlive doing the WU upload? If so then I think that has to be it. Be interesting to disconnect the network and see if you get one that says “fail”.

Cleared the system once more with CCleaner, 8000+ 1KB files since yesterday. And then disabled the WU upload in VP Live and those files stopped being created. :smiley:
Re-enabled the WD Rapid Fire once again. Thanks