"It looks like another copy of wxsim is running"

I have now this message appearing “It appears that another copy of wxsim is running…(see attached screencapture)”
When I check the running processes, only one wxsim.exe is in the list of running processes.
I appears that wxsim detects itself as another copy!
I use system scheduler.
When I click to continue, everything good. If I don’t those popping up windows pile up and also I have the same number of running processes.
A nice day.

2010-09-16_115826.png

I am trying to get around to releasing a new version that leaves these out, as the message may not always be valid, and seems to cause more problems than it solves!

I plan to do so soon, but meanwhile, what I’ve found is that leaving the programs on all the time (no System Scheduler) seems to avoid the problem (I had seen it happen myself).

Tom

Thanks for reply. I was thinking about adding a window close function in windows scheduler. But I’ ll wait the update. Thanks for the good software. It’s now making good forecast’s. :smiley:

Tom,

Has this issue been resolve? I am now having the same problem.

AL

I just had the same problem but I fixed it by reopening WXSIM and then going “File > Exit”
Reopened it again and no message anymore :smiley:

Problem has been fixed, thanks to all for their suggestions!

Al

If you see the problem again, I have a tentative update - version 12.8 - available at

www.wxsim.com/wxsim.exe

That’s just the main executable. Use it to replace the 12.7.5 you probably have. I think it will fix the problem.

Let me know if that takes care of it.

Tom

When I try to run this, I get an Error 53.
EDIT… N/M I got it. I was trying to run it straight from the desktop without putting it in the folder. I’ll let you know how it goes!!

Hi Everybody,

I’m planning to release a more “official” version 12.8 within the next week or two, and this will make permanent (I hope!) the fix for the problem discussed in this thread. I have to do a bit more work on it, plus the documentation and help files. This will include a first look at the new soil temperature and moisture, evapotranspriation, etc. modeling, which will be available in professional mode.

Tom

Excellent. :smiley:

So far, so good with this version. I haven’t had the error yet! :slight_smile: Thank you!