WD Web Site

Yes,by default WD places the clientraw.txt file in the webfiles directory. I don’t know what Sol Tiempo is…

Not sure what exactly your referring to…can you post a screen shot of that screen?

I think I need to read over the info on viewing WD remotely. I may have some things mixed up. I just have some time to monkey around with some of these internet options in WD. For remote viewing, do I do the setup on the PC server side or the computer on which I want to view WD remotely? Or both?

So…as I just updated my 2 year subscription to GoDaddy to keep my domain name (www.goosebayweather.com), I am, once again, looking for a reliable web host. It looks like e-rice is no longer to be revived. I’d love to be able to use one Canadian side, but US will suffice if not. Any recommendations?

I have since setup up a Synology NAS. I’ve heard that one can host their own web site with a NAS. I might not be proficient enough to figure out setup though.

I tried a couple of hosts after e-rice’s demise and finally settled on https://www.mddhosting.com/ - their support was outstanding.

What level did you go with? Professional?
Also, on the order page, I

They’ve changed the categories now. I had 3 domains so I guess I would now have to go with Pro, but I think the lower one would suffice for many home wx sites.

What about the transfer of domain? What would you suggest? I

You can/should leave the domain registration at godaddy. All you do is change the nameserver setting (at godaddy) for goosebayweather.com from e-rice to the name servers of the new host.

Currently you have:

Name Server: NS1.E-RICE.NET
Name Server: NS2.E-RICE.NET

So, what would I choose in ordering? Transfer my domain registration or

Thanks. I should

Strange. I just clicked on your MDDHosting link again and now it

They rolled out a site re-design in the last few hours 8O Shared hosting is now https://www.mddhosting.com/support/cart.php?gid=24

Most disconcerting! Before signing up with them I would ask if they are planning to continue shared hosting.

Update: I contacted support. They are going to (their own) cloud hosting replacing the old shared hosting plans. I asked specifically about wx sites with continual FTP data updates and the response is “We run a few sites that do just that so it shouldn’t be an issue.” Not sure what to tell you. They certainly treated me very well in the past but it would be a hassle to change again if the cloud thing doesn’t work out :dontknow:

Some timing for me…can

So, is this link you pasted the actual Shared plans that I would want? I thought you said they did away with Shared.

When clicking on order it is saying

[quote author=csonni link=topic=47201.msg537030#msg537030 date=1531733111]
So, is this link you pasted the actual Shared plans that I would want? I thought you said they did away with Shared.

When clicking on order it is saying

[quote author=csonni link=topic=47201.msg537029#msg537029 date=1531732510]
Some timing for me…can

Maybe you can report back with your impressions.