Carter Lake template displaying oddly

Since I have upgraded to Windows7 as my main computer I have noticed that the Carter Lake templates don’t display properly. They are still OK viewed on my XP machine. Both running the latest version of Firefox.
On Opera on Windows7 it is also OK. Anyone else noticed this?

Rosalind

Turn turning down the zoom on firefox that should fix it :wink:

It doesn’t make any difference. The overhang is always there. Seems it is a Windows7 quirk as XP is OK. As I only have a test site running with the template it doesn’t really affect me, just wondered if anyone else had noticed it. Obviously not.

same here

This issue is being caused by the text display properties in Windows 7 when set to Medium - 125%. My Windows 7 box is set to the Smaller - 100% setting. When changed to the Medium setting, it replicated what you are seeing.

The questions is, can the template be modified to recognize the setting and correctly display for those viewers?

The template has no ability to see what your browser settings are regarding default text display properties … it’s your browser setting that chooses how ‘big’ to make the font size and presentation of the page. The templates were set to display on browsers with default font size settings (100%). Viewers of your site have the ability to set their font sizes in the browser as they like, and the browser will attempt to comply with those settings. It may mean layout overflow in the narrow aspect of the template as space is tight (about 620px in the page display area).

Best regards,
Ken

The setting I was referring to is an OS setting, rather than a browser setting. I believe your response that the template does not have the ability would still apply though.